TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

7-5 is about where I'm at with this team if I had to pick a record. I think that would be outstanding, particularly if we're competitive with everyone who doesn't end up a Top 5 team. There's a lot of people referring to 7-5 as the "floor" in these parts these days though.
Well Pruitt did sound alot more optimistic compared to this time last year that is for sure.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He's a good coach, the guy had nothing to work with last year. This year he'll have some freshman, but that's not usually a recipe for success in the SEC either. He'll probably be gone next year through no real fault of his own, just couldn't walk on water.

A LOT of 5 star OL have been dominant out of the gate the past few years. Jonah Williams, Trey Smith, Andrew Thomas, Walker Little, Greg Little, etc. have all been beasts their freshman years. That doesn't mean that Wanya and Darrell will be All Americans, but given their national status, I think it's fair to expect them to be serviceable starters -- which would be an enormous upgrade over last year.

If Trey can play, and with another year of technique and S&C, I will be concerned if the line is terrible again.

A LOT of 5 star OL have been dominant out of the gate the past few years. Jonah Williams, Trey Smith, Andrew Thomas, Walker Little, Greg Little, etc. have all been beasts their freshman years. That doesn't mean that Wanya and Darrell will be All Americans, but given their national status, I think it's fair to expect them to be serviceable starters -- which would be an enormous upgrade over last year.

If Trey can play, and with another year of technique and S&C, I will be concerned if the line is terrible again.
Well, the season is almost here, hope springs eternal. It is the time for optimism, and sooner or later the optimists will be right about Vol football, I hope this year is the year.

Texas A&M is scheduled to host four-star offensive lineman Chris Morris of Memphis, Tenn., one of Tennessee’s longtime top in-state targets, on another unofficial visit this weekend that will allow him to attend the Aggies' pool party. Texas A&M has been the one constant among the top contenders for Morris over the past several months, dating back to last season, and while sources said the Vols remain the Aggies’ primary competition for him, all signs still point to Texas A&M currently being the favorite to land him. One source suggested there’s even a chance Morris could commit to the Aggies this weekend, but others believe his recruitment is more likely to extend into the fall. Regardless of the timeline for his decision, sources said Texas A&M still feels good about its chances, and it’s safe to say Tennessee still faces a major battle for Morris.

-Callahan

can't win them all, especially in Memphis.
giphy.gif

OL can be improved with some better scheming. Chaney’s a smart guy. A couple of our game plans last year were terrible.

Aggies laid the foundation last year, getting him on campus for big games, selling the atmosphere and cementing relationships. They worked it hard. UT has been trying to play catch-up for a while.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Aggies laid the foundation last year, getting him on campus for big games, selling the atmosphere and cementing relationships. They worked it hard. UT has been trying to play catch-up for a while.
Yep, exactly this.

Plus, why are y'all conceding the battle? He ain't committed yet.

Austin Thomas is also willing to get in the mud in Memphis.

Still can't believe we have no traction with this kid right now. A&M? Seriously?
Lmao you're surprised? They're killing it in recruiting. Jimbo is a proven winner and AM has way more recent success. Tennessee has sucked for over a decade and Pruitt is not yet proven as a HC.

We have to earn our respect back.

Lmao you're surprised? They're killing it in recruiting. Jimbo is a proven winner and AM has way more recent success. Tennessee has sucked for over a decade and Pruitt is not yet proven as a HC.

We have to earn our respect back.
Yep. Ole Jimbo really has them drinking the koolaid. That worked out so well for the last cult to do that.

VN Store

Back