TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

GlumAptLamprey-size_restricted.gif

We noted Saturday at Kentucky that Chris Morris continues to flirt with other programs, including the Vols. The 4-star lineman is a soft commit to the Aggies right now, looking around at Kentucky, Miami, LSU and Tennessee. Morris did not receive a visit from Pruitt when the head coach went to Memphis on Monday but Tennessee is still semi-engaged with the lineman. As has been the case for month, UT’s interest there seems to wax and wane depending on the week. Morris could return campus either for the Vandy game or in December. He is set to sign early.
vq

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Yeah it’s mid-November I don’t get why we’re still playing cat and mouse with elite prospects. Don’t even visit the kid while out there?

Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t ask questions. I’ll gladly eat crow if our current OL commits are better than their ranking, but so far it looks a little meh.
Doesn’t the head coach only have so many times he can visit a kid...... I remember him saying that was one of the things he hated most when he became a head coach.

Vols OL commits are just fine... I for one am very pleased.
agreed. mean, big and fairly fleet of foot for their size.

they all are going to need development. but they look the part and appear to bring the necessary intangibles to the table, that the tangibles can all be taught and developed over some time.

Reactions: rgvol
It's still very bizarre to me that so many blue-chip recruits are seriously considering Kentucky. It feels like when Ole Miss was suddenly in consideration for a lot of recruits that they'd never be in for.

Did they steal the blueprints to Pat Dye's cabin?

Yeah it’s mid-November I don’t get why we’re still playing cat and mouse with elite prospects. Don’t even visit the kid while out there?

Don't throw your pearls before swine. We don't have time to waste with guys who are just toying with us. If this guy is truly serious about being a Vol, then we'll recruit him. But he's already shown he has no loyalty to his state, and not even loyalty to his commitment right now. I just don't see Pruitt wasting a visit (which are few) to a guy who isn't even serious about UT yet, as far as we know.

VN Store

Back