TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

Memphis Invasion on Rocky Top.

Tennessee is scheduled to host a slew of major targets from the Grind City tonight.

Weird. Grew up in Memphis and never, ever heard it referred to as 'the Grind City'. Had to google it just now and apparently it is a new nickname for the city having to do with the Grizzlies' motto, 'Grit and Grind'. Can't see that nickname catching on, but apparently Simonton thinks it has potential.

In addition, I worry about the practice posts. He was describing the new blitzes yesterday. Says too much to be so easily accessible to upcoming opponent? Or, no?
Pruitt only allows them to watch 10-20 minutes of practice at most and they're only allowed to record/report so much. So whatever is said in those practice reports is ok'd by UT. Also, I doubt our opponents are too worried about it right now.

In-state offensive tackle Chris Morris also was unable to visit Saturday but Tennessee has surged back into the mix for the Memphis lineman after Pruitt saw Morris play two weeks ago. Can the Vols survive another visit to Texas A&M? Tennessee continues to look for more OL in this class, getting back involved with Marcus Henderson and recently offering a couple guys including Texas guard Kyree Miller.

-VQ

what does "surged" mean? is there any chance he makes a trip this season to Knoxville? if there's one thing about this kid that i think is true...he knows how to talk it...really well....i'll pay attention again if he actually ever makes it back up for a trip. til then, still believe it's aTm.

VN Store

Back