TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

Chris is an NPA kid from Memphis with a world of upside. We have a lot of love for this kid and he will blow up like the Wray brothers and others we've had.

Reactions: 1 person
Chris is an NPA kid from Memphis with a world of upside. We have a lot of love for this kid and he will blow up like the Wray brothers and others we've had.

Is he any kin to Christian Morris? I was asking because Jones and his crew really kicked up that recruitment. I’m hoping that won’t have a risidual effect on the current staff.

2020 in-state offensive lineman Chris Morris is quite the character. The Vols are still a frontrunner for the Freedom Prep Academy tackle, with Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Memphis and Texas A&M also in the mix. Morris camped with the Vols two weeks ago, getting his first chance to work 1-on-1 with Will Friend. He learned some new techniques and had Pruitt ask him on the field when he was going to commit. We'll have a full story on Morris to come.

A quick funny aside, though, Morris showed up to Media Day soaking wet with a giant towel around his waist after immediately going to pool at the hotel after a long drive from Memphis. He was only of the only prospects not to fly to Atlanta — as Morris is afraid of heights, saying he's deathly afraid of planes, elevators and wasps. The kid is a hoot.

-VQ

bpxsyj7n6xbsbpbhp6dw

Reactions: 5 people
Safer in an airplane probably these days with everyone on their phones driving

Actually it IS safer. Roughly 1,000 people die on Tennessee roads every year. Many many more critically injured. One commercial airline death in 10 years nationwide.

Having said that I’m afraid of heights and don’t like flying myself.

Actually it IS safer. Roughly 1,000 people die on Tennessee roads every year. Many many more critically injured. One commercial airline death in 10 years nationwide.

I hate flying. I'll do it without a fit but every scenario is flying (hah) through my head until we land.

Used to feel the same way. The more you tell yourself the truth about it (that it’s one of the safest things you can do, and turbulence is harmless - stats back that up - and you’re literally lying to yourself to think or feel otherwise) the less power it has over you. So, just tell yourself the truth. Hope that helps. :hi:

Last edited:

Reminds me of that time back in the 90's when one of our O Linemen fractured his hand and had to wear a cast. They asked him what was most difficult about dealing with his injury on the local news. He supposedly said "whiping my butt" only he didn't say butt. I didn't see it, but I died laughing when I heard about it.

Last edited:
Reminds me of that time back in the 90's when one of our O Linemen fractured his hand and had to wear a cast. They asked him what was most difficult about dealing with his injury on the local news. He supposedly said "whipping my butt" only he didn't say butt. I didn't see it, but I died laughing when I heard about it.

I bet he didn't say "whipping", either. :)

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back