TN OL Chris Morris (Texas A&M commit - Now JUCO)

He was important before the loss of Tate. He's better than Tate and will be a pro. If you look at the 2 prospects Chris has better feet? Way more athletic, and looks to be the stronger of the 2 both hands and physically.
Any thoughts on where Vols stand with him?

He was important before the loss of Tate. He's better than Tate and will be a pro. If you look at the 2 prospects Chris has better feet? Way more athletic, and looks to be the stronger of the 2 both hands and physically.
But different positions, right? Always seen him as an interior mauler. If his techniques are advanced, then you’re looking at Quentin Nelson territory.

But different positions, right? Always seen him as an interior mauler. If his techniques are advanced, then you’re looking at Quentin Nelson territory.

Yeah Chris is definitely an OG and as I told many about Mays and Trey, Tate could likely be an interior guy likewise. With OT either right or left they hv to hv the feet and arm length to match a powerful punch against elite speed rushers or SDEs. This is the reason Wright was moved inside at the all american game vs playing only OT.

I thought this guy was a can’t miss ahead of Ratledge... I also think he is better. Attitude and feet are better and that says something being a OG comparing his feet to an OT.

Yeah Chris is definitely an OG and as I told many about Mays and Trey, Tate could likely be an interior guy likewise. With OT either right or left they hv to hv the feet and arm length to match a powerful punch against elite speed rushers or SDEs. This is the reason Wright was moved inside at the all american game vs playing only OT.

Percentage we get him?

Chris displays such great technique with his footwork. What's really impressive to me is that on the 1st rep he keeps a solid base while he's moving laterally and uses his superior leverage to put his opponent into the dirt. Really impressive ankle bend and flexibility on display there. The second rep you see Chris display great technique again, but this time he uses explosiveness and a violent impact to stand his opponent up and quickly win the battle. He's a player with a versatile skillset who we absolutely need in this class.

Reactions: T Dog and Vol Main
Thoughts from Nashville Opening Regional...

Chris Morris was extremely consistent Sunday. A bubbly personality, he never stopped talking or competing. He relished every rep, talked trash, sang songs, joked with OL and DL and won about every time. The Memphis native said his spring at Central has gone well. Ohio State has entered the picture with him, replacing Alabama. This is a 3-horse race with Tennessee, Texas A&M and OSU, with Arkansas and Auburn in the picture but on the edges of the frame. Morris ‘FaceTimed’ Pruitt right after the event. We’ll see Morris several more times this summer, with two planned trips to Tennessee (to camp and OV) and at the Rivals 5-star Challenge.

-Simonton

VN Store

Back