‘23 TN OG Brycen Sanders (Ole Miss commit)

He's a take. The staff would like to have him but feel like they can get someone just as good later. Sounds like LSU wants him to camp with them.
I’m I wrong or are we the only state where it seems like a lot of instate kids have a chip on their shoulder for the instate program? Other programs can tell these kids to hold off on a committable offer and they’re just happy to do it.

Reactions: MrVolton
It's reasonable to think that Kelly and Kiffin will try to make him think we, Vols, are likely to land bigger prospects and that they are a better bet for early playing time for him.....plus a little NIL action.
Well that’s just dumber than hell. Heupel is going to play the guys that give us the best shot to win. If this kid doesn’t believe he’s good enough to get playing time why the hell would we want him anyways?

Maybe he can “earn” an offer camping with Kelly, I’m sure he’ll be a “portant” addition to the Tiger “fahmuly”.

Well that’s just dumber than hell. Heupel is going to play the guys that give us the best shot to win. If this kid doesn’t believe he’s good enough to get playing time why the hell would we want him anyways?

Maybe he can “earn” an offer camping with Kelly, I’m sure he’ll be a “portant” addition to the Tiger “fahmuly”.

Surely they see right through fake Cajun accent and complete awkwardness.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I’m I wrong or are we the only state where it seems like a lot of instate kids have a chip on their shoulder for the instate program? Other programs can tell these kids to hold off on a committable offer and they’re just happy to do it.
Because the schools that do that (Bama, UGA, Ohio State) are in the natty every couple of years lol

I’ve really never had a huge problem with LSU outside of them knocking us out of the national title game a couple decades ago. Kelly is just an extremely disingenuous, dislikeable person.

I used to enjoy watching their defenses fly around and beat up on people especially Bama but now that they’ve hired My shat only stinks because you stepped in it Kelly I hope they never win a game.

He’s a horrible human being and imo he’s not a good coach nor should he allowed anywhere near a football field teaching young men.

Imo.

LSU, Florida, etc?
Idk about UF, as they have FSU and Miami fighting them.

LSU I definitely agree, but would add they have a very unique situation as they are ~1 hour from almost all of the state's talent...which is also 4-5+ hours from any other major program.

Unfortunately TN is just very long and we are on the other end from much of the talent (2.5h from midstate and many more to Memphis). If we could plop Nashville where Newport is and Memphis where Johnson City is, we'd have absolutely no trouble.

That all said, us being awful the last 15 years has just as much to do with it. We're fixing that...

Idk about UF, as they have FSU and Miami fighting them.

LSU I definitely agree, but would add they have a very unique situation as they are ~1 hour from almost all of the state's talent...which is also 4-5+ hours from any other major program.

Unfortunately TN is just very long and we are on the other end from much of the talent (2.5h from midstate and many more to Memphis). If we could plop Nashville where Newport is and Memphis where Johnson City is, we'd have absolutely no trouble.

That all said, us being awful the last 15 years has just as much to do with it. We're fixing that...

Yes, but UT is close to all that talent in Georgia, the Carolinas, and Virginia. People fixate on instate talent. It’s about proximate talent. Tennessee is within 3-5 hours of a ton of talent.

VN Store

Back