TN native Akira Levy enters tranfer portal

We need a smaller guard that can guard defensively and she could be it. She needs to tone it down some but with the right mindset could be a player that could really help us defend the smaller quicker guards.

Reactions: dtnvol and lvocd
We need a smaller guard that can guard defensively and she could be it. She needs to tone it down some but with the right mindset could be a player that could really help us defend the smaller quicker guards.

A lot of people on this forum do not think very highly of our Tennessee girls ? Just Saying

I have no doubt whatsoever that Kellie would be able to teach her how to temper her aggression. Tennessee could use the kind of bold verbal leadership that she clearly would bring.

And I imagine that her coming home to Tennessee would put her mentally and emotionally in the perfect state to learn from a coach who excels at teaching the game.

I really hope this happens! :D

Maybe some of that could run off on our current roster?

She actually doesn't seem to be much of a shooter, so do not want.

Maybe some of that could run off on our current roster?

She actually doesn't seem to be much of a shooter, so do not want.
We have shooters we need someone that is quick and can drive it to the basket and play defense.

Reactions: Amb3096
I have read that she can't shoot from the perimeter. She can drive to the basket and defend. She'd have to sit a year both to rehab her knee, and as per transfer rules. Maybe a shooting coach could help her. As a pro, Catch worked with a shooting coach. Hope Akira can find a good one like Rick Barnes is.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Hopefully her next coach can control her because more than once her teammates had to jump her for being border line passionate to taunting her opponents.

Oh yea she also is supposedly visiting this week :)
Yes, she is a crap talker and sometimes seems a bit arrogant, however, I suspect that KJH will address that, if she becomes an LV. She has as much speed as anyone I have seen. You give her an inch and she takes a mile. Because of her quickness, she gets fouled quite a bit, however, she takes a lot of risky chances and sometimes make needless fouls. If a coach can get her under control and she plays smarter, she will be a very good addition.

10 players going into 20-21. Only TN player is a transfer. 4 of 10 are guards. Limited knowledge on recruiting potential successes for the next two classes. She will have three years eligibility and two years SEC basketball maturity. What is your opinion would you consider her a high priority?

10 players going into 20-21. Only TN player is a transfer. 4 of 10 are guards. Limited knowledge on recruiting potential successes for the next two classes. She will have three years eligibility and two years SEC basketball maturity. What is your opinion would you consider her a high priority?
I’d like to have her, especially since we’re currently being shut out with the 2020 class.

My thoughts exactly đź‘Ť

A lot of people on this forum do not think very highly of our Tennessee girls ? Just Saying
Well that's not the case for all of us...but it does seem like the better PGs are 5'9" and shorter, although there are some exceptions...LVFL 🧡🏀

Well that's not the case for all of us...but it does seem like the better PGs are 5'9" and shorter, although there are some exceptions...LVFL 🧡🏀

I like a shorter point guard because they generally seem to be better ballhandlers and because tall players are too often easy to steal from due tothe higher dribble.

Reactions: dtnvol
She would be like the first recruit in the 2020 class. If you are having trouble recruiting then this is another way to get players for a class. She was ranked 67 in the 2018 class shot 46 percent overall as a freshman at Missouri. She isn't a three point shooter but she can get to the basket and guard the shorter players much better than a six footer can.

She would be a 2020 recruit and she is a Tennessee girl and I think highly of all the players we have but some definitely have limitations guarding the shorter players. This would be normal as not many six footers have the quickness to guard a shorter player on the perimeter just a physical fact.

Reactions: River67
She would be a 2020 recruit and she is a Tennessee girl and I think highly of all the players we have but some definitely have limitations guarding the shorter players. This would be normal as not many six footers have the quickness to guard a shorter player on the perimeter just a physical fact.
short doesn't mean fast

it wasn't short guards that killed us last year,,anyway,,, it was all guards, forwards, centers,,,coaches??...pretty much anyone who could drive to the hoop.

We haven't had a Power Forward (in the Rick Mahorn sense) in forever. "Come into the paint, deal with me"

Been a while.

Reactions: MAD and stlvolsfan
I loved her defense at Missouri, she was all over her opponent like ants at a picnic. If she can take instructions well, and stop silly unnecessary fouls, she will be a valuable asset.

VN Store

Back