TN native Akira Levy enters tranfer portal

Does it seem like there are a lot more transfers from players who are in their team's rotation than there used to be? 15 years ago it was just the players who were stuck on the end of the bench that transferred (although, I do remember that Teresa Geter, April McDivitt and Michelle Munoz transferred, despite getting a lot of playing time).

Reactions: BigDave
She is fiesty, as in aggressive for her size, (Cunningham was bigger and stronger). She played well in both games re the LVs

Reactions: lvocd and dtnvol
In the state championship her senior year, Macon county went triangle and two (both on her the entire game) and played three against four. She still dropped 30+ on them.

How did that work? Upperman was hardly a one girl team...... it looks like the other four would have had a field day.

Missouri freshman Akira Levy done for the season with torn ACL, meniscus

" The freshman point guard from Baxter, Tennessee, had become one of Missouri’s key reserves, averaging 4.8 points, 2.1 assists and 15.8 minutes per game and appearing in all 28 of the Tigers’ games this season.

As one of the few Missouri players who excels at driving to the basket on the offensive end and forcing turnovers on the defensive end, Levy’s presence will be missed."

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I remember the game..... my daughter played Macon county that season and upperman the year after.....I’m just surprised anyone would play a triangle and two against one girl when upperman is a well rounded team.
My daughter played for Macon County from 2009-2013. They were state runner up two of those years. She did not play for Coach White. Coach White didn't take over until the 2015-16 season. If you don't mind me asking where did you daughter play?

Upperman did have a great team that year.

My daughter played for Macon County from 2009-2013. They were state runner up two of those years. She did not play for Coach White. Coach White didn't take over until the 2015-16 season. If you don't mind me asking where did you daughter play?

Alcoa

I was at the Christmas tourney when MC play Alcoa in 2016 at Heritage High School. Didn't y'all come to our Christmas tourney the next year?

I was at the Christmas tourney when MC play Alcoa in 2016 at Heritage High School. Didn't y'all come to our Christmas tourney the next year?

Yeah my daughter was a freshman on the team that played in the championship game in the christmas tourney against macon...... Macon is:was a great team but your teams coach was ridiculous at the end of that tourney.

She was a key reserve pg for MO before she tore her acl in February.

Signs Top-70 Recruit Akira Levy - University of Missouri Athletics

Two time TN class AA Miss Basketball.
I believe she saw the writing on the wall, Missouri 2 five stars who will be freshmen next year. It is a good chance, she would be moving further down the bench. I think she will be a very good pick up for the LV's. She is a little out of control driving to the hoop, however, a good coach can straighten this out.

Reactions: mcannon1

It’s amazing that Macon County is consistently that good..... don’t they have a girl that is committed to MTSU?

I believe she saw the writing on the wall, Missouri 2 five stars who will be freshmen next year. It is a good chance, she would be moving further down the bench. I think she will be a very good pick up for the LV's. She is a little out of control driving to the hoop, however, a good coach can straighten this out.

None of them are point guards though. Doubt playing time has anything to do with it.

Does anyone know if the previous staff even gave her the time of day? I know she was committed and signed to Western Ky for a long time because she liked Coach Clark-Heard, but she left for Cincy last year. She then got interest from several SEC schools. It doesn't seem like the previous staff would give anyone the time of day unless they played AAA.

Hopefully her next coach can control her because more than once her teammates had to jump her for being border line passionate to taunting her opponents.

Oh yea she also is supposedly visiting this week :)

Attachments

• 3BA85DC9-88A1-42C3-B83C-689B3433DC1A.png
    3BA85DC9-88A1-42C3-B83C-689B3433DC1A.png
    737.6 KB · Views: 72

VN Store

Back