'22 TN LB Langston Patterson (Vanderbilt commit)

Question for VolNation: What is the ideal height of a LB? I was think 6'2" or greater weight- out of highschool 220Lb............I don't know quickness and speed...........4.6 or <?...........just curious on the athletic ability.
Depends on the defense.

lived in nashville when hillsboro and mba were m ajor rvals and not familiar with many of the schools that have popped up over the years.
interested in knowing about this school's program and others to pay attention to in davidson county
When I was in high school (early 70s Chattanooga East Ridge) we played Hillsboro and Hillwood my senior year. None of these other schools were around then.

“It was really fun. It was a very cool environment,” said Patterson, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 12 inside linebacker in the 2022 class and the No. 8 junior from the state of Tennessee.

“The fans were pretty good for, I don’t even know — it felt like a little less than 20 percent (of capacity) there. But it was cool.”

“I’m very interested,” he said. “They’re certainly one of my top schools. But, also, again, I would like to see the coaches and meet them in person, and get up and see the campus and the facilities and stuff like that when all that’s available.”

“I scored three TDs and almost rushed for 200 (yards) on the ground, so they were just congratulating me, saying, ‘Maybe we might need to turn you into an offensive player,’ and just stuff like that,” Patterson said, referring to his performance in Thursday’s title game.
RC

Four-star linebacker Langston Patterson of Christ Presbyterian Academy in Nashville, Tenn., said he had already been in frequent contact with Tennessee’s new staff before Thursday night. But he liked what he heard from Heupel’s staff, including new defensive coordinator Tim Banks, during the conference.

“They seemed like awesome coaches,” Patterson said. “Great getting to know them all, especially Coach Banks. I have been talking with Coach Heupel pretty much every day and Coach Banks, like, once a week.

“(They were) just introducing the whole staff and what they plan on doing this year and how they are going to accomplish those goals.”

The 6-foot-1, 215-pound Patterson admitted his interest in the Vols temporarily might have wavered a bit in the immediate aftermath of Pruitt’s firing on Jan. 18. But he said Heupel’s staff has made a good impression on him so far.

“I like them a lot. … This new staff seems to be really good,” said Patterson, who received a scholarship offer from Tennessee’s former staff more than nine months ago.
-Callahan

Good...if you’re sticking with your previous post. 😏

yes it that sense but then it makes me wonder why no offer from them. I haven’t watch his stuff yet. His brother seem on the slow side in playoff. He got picked on very easily

VN Store

Back