'24 TN LB Edwin Spillman (Tennessee)

200w.gif

Good fight by the Vols to make it competitive but too little too late. Too much to overcome now. On to the next one.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
What’s the difference?

Net value to the program is pretty much the same. Impossible to discern what is in a guy's heart, but "You are what your record says you are," even in social media. Claiming exemption from those evaluations has no basis in fact. Sometimes the best available option is to celebrate that a player or a team can do better. Featuring failure and establishing blame in absolute fashion is above MOST of our paygrades. Scores are facts, responsibility for failure to further an agenda is optional conjecture. Funny how those that feature that do not recognize THAT failure.

We begin with Edwin Spillman, who we felt like would be a candidate for a March/April decision but we no longer believe that is the case. He is determined to take officials to Tennessee and Ohio State in June before announcing his decision in late June or early July. Tennessee is still the team to beat in our opinion as Nathan will be on campus and it’s just hard seeing the brothers split up for college in our estimation.
-VQ

If this was a slam dunk, this would have been a done deal. The longer this goes, the less confident anyone should be. If you're "sold out", he would have been committed and peer recruiting by now.

If this was a slam dunk, this would have been a done deal. The longer this goes, the less confident anyone should be. If you're "sold out", he would have been committed and peer recruiting by now.
No high profile player is slam dunk lol. Even a guy like Caleb Herring was getting big time interest from schools like Georgia, etc and that was as close to one as you can get

This is why I love our recruiting forum posters. On one hand you have the posters who get upset when players decommit from us or visit 9ther teams while committed to us. Then on the other hand you have people getting upset that players take their time to be more sure about their selection.

Maybe Edwin is just taking his time, making sure that we stay number 1 while getting a chance to sleep on it, and make sure he isnt making a rash decision. I think it should be applauded, and doesnt make me nervous. I would rather have this type of wait and see rather than the kid who commits to 6 different schools and always has a new favorite.

VN Store

Back