'24 TN LB Edwin Spillman (Tennessee)

The Hurricanes average home attendance was 42,698 (speculated to be much lower actual butts in seats). The VOLS average home attendance was 100,532. I know where I’d rather play my home games!
I went to several Miami games when I lived down there from 93-96...............Maybe 25,000 in the stands, except for the FSU game.
Horrible fan base. Marlins, Dolphins, even the Heat......no support

The Hurricanes average home attendance was 42,698 (speculated to be much lower actual butts in seats). The VOLS average home attendance was 100,532. I know where I’d rather play my home games!
Miami has a fair weather crowd. They only come if the Canes are winning big. Which hasn’t been much lately.😀

Very smart and versatile kid.
Didn't show the same physicality as Herring did in year one.
He needs to get stronger in a big way and also play with more physicality.

Yeah I personally believe he's already been recruited over, but again it's not because he's a bumb. We'll see. I could be right....

If Beasley and Mitchell were just coming out of HS with Carter, Telander, and Smith, then they would be 4 and 5 just for freshman.
Every player on the team should be recruited over every year. If not, you're not improving your team. Georgia and Bama make a living doing this. UT better get smart and do it too.

“It was awesome just getting to hang out with the coaches and experience Rocky Top with my family,” Spillman said. “It was a lot of fun. I could definitely tell the focus was on the ’24 guys. After, I talked to a couple of other guys there, and they talked about how they liked the atmosphere and were excited.”
“My questions this weekend were more football-related,” Spillman said. “So I got to sit down with Coach BJ and Coach Heupel and talk more ball and defensive scheme. That was the main questions I asked. I have been down to Rocky Top so many times, so I feel like I have experienced most of it. I had questions about the actual football part of it, and they were able to answer those.” “We watched the Clemson game film this weekend, but it is basically just hanging out with each other.”
“I mean, honestly, I have thought about it all, but I am really just going on when the time feels right for when I am going to make my commitment,” Spillman said on this. “I don’t want to set a date in my mind or anything like that. I think it will just be best if it comes when it does.” “Really, I am looking for a family team and family type of organization,” Spillman said of this. “Coaches that trust and believe in their players and a culture where everyone gets along and wants to work and get better.”
-VQ

Based off what he's looking for, we fit the bill to a 'T'.

fetchimage

Every player on the team should be recruited over every year. If not, you're not improving your team. Georgia and Bama make a living doing this. UT better get smart and do it too.
A thing called development matters a good bit more. We finally have coaches that can do it. Always relying on the next class is what our previous coaches did, not many Jrs and Srs getting coached up and showing up. Look at Hyatt this year, clear cut case of someone to recruit over, third year in college, second in the system, and he blows up.

Bama and Georgia start plenty of jrs and seniors. They take the 5 stars and coach them.

Out of UGAs 2 deep, 44 possibilities, they only had 13 guys in their first or second year. Most of those were the second guy, and no else listed at the posistion. And really there were only 1 or 2 positions where a young guy was ahead of an older guy. The big caveat being their corners were all young guys.

So at best you are recruiting over 1/4 of your guys.

A thing called development matters a good bit more. We finally have coaches that can do it. Always relying on the next class is what our previous coaches did, not many Jrs and Srs getting coached up and showing up. Look at Hyatt this year, clear cut case of someone to recruit over, third year in college, second in the system, and he blows up.

Bama and Georgia start plenty of jrs and seniors. They take the 5 stars and coach them.

Out of UGAs 2 deep, 44 possibilities, they only had 13 guys in their first or second year. Most of those were the second guy, and no else listed at the posistion. And really there were only 1 or 2 positions where a young guy was ahead of an older guy. The big caveat being their corners were all young guys.

So at best you are recruiting over 1/4 of your guys.
Their best CB (Ringo) was a RS sophomore(3rd year player).

I think things are probably pretty good here?

That's Nate, right? Did Edwin come in with him?

Not really familiar with the family situation. Saw someone suggest that might be his foster parents. Do Nate and Edwin live in the same household?

That's Nate, right? Did Edwin come in with him?

Not really familiar with the family situation. Saw someone suggest that might be his foster parents. Do Nate and Edwin live in the same household?

If they’re fosters, they do everything they can to keep siblings together.

I just came across that tweet about the same time this thread bumped up top...😉

Last edited:

VN Store

Back