'20 TN LB Bryson Eason (UT SIGNEE)

It sure does. I feel like VQ might know something with Eason and Thomas maybe being big Vol leans. Eason should decide soon but sounds like Thomas is going to wait to announce. Wish they'd both jump in the boat before fall.

I know. It seems that a lot of these kids are hard Vol leans, but they are just waiting to see the product on the field before they make the final step into the boat. Maybe if we are rockin in September, the dominoes will start falling more rapidly.

The linebacker from Memphis is trying and hoping to get here this weekend. He's definitely feeling the Vols right now with all of the attention they have been giving him the last 4-6 weeks. Told me has has talked some with Keshawn Lawrence who is recruiting him.

Also has talked to Melvin McBride who told him how great everyone is at Tennessee and in the football program even though medically he can no longer play.”

VQ

Seems like we turned up the heat once the package deal talk was no longer a deal breaker and after his recent camp visit. Must like what they saw

Reactions: jakez4ut
Seems like we turned up the heat once the package deal talk was no longer a deal breaker and after his recent camp visit. Must like what they saw
yeah, i think they've always liked the kid, but the package deal stuff was a bit much. always wondered why kids would pigeon hole themselves and take options off the table by doing stuff like that. i never saw us committing to anything like that

yeah, i think they've always liked the kid, but the package deal stuff was a bit much. always wondered why kids would pigeon hole themselves and take options off the table by doing stuff like that. i never saw us committing to anything like that
Actually he missed most of last season and looked like he would outgrow linebacker. As stated in this thread he really moved well during a 7 on 7 on campus, which made CJP turn up the heat. That package deal stuff never meant a thing at all one way or the other.

French is probably committing to Arkansas tomorrow. If I were Eason I’d commit fast so I won’t be getting bugged by him about stupid Arkansas all season, so my guts telling me he commits here Saturday evening. He and Hyatt both

Memphis, Tennessee (Whitehaven High School) linebacker Bryson Eason has always liked Tennessee. And Tennessee has always been interested in him. But over the last few weeks, Tennessee’s recruiting efforts with the 4-star instate linebacker has gone to a different level.

“I certainly do think they are recruiting me harder,” Eason said. “I don’t know why it is. But they have been very aggressive in letting me know that I’m wanted. I have talked to a couple of guys committed there. I have talked to coach Pruitt, coach Ansley and coach Johnson a lot. They are showing me love and I am enjoying it. “They say that I’m a big linebacker who can move still. They also see me being versatile. I can rush the passer and can see me in space.”

Eason said he has spoken with Melvin McBride and to Keshawn Lawrence recently about the Vols. McBride told Eason he would be a great fit on Rocky Top and Lawrence has made it clear to Eason that he’s a wanted man. The idea that of playing with Lawrence is something that has peaked Eason’s interest. “Keshawn Lawrence is a good friend of mine,” Eason said. “He lets me know what’s going on there. He an excited dude. I have watched him film. He’s a baller. I could see myself playing along side of them.”

Originally, Eason had said that he was going to go to school where his teammate Martavius French. But Tennessee hasn’t pushed for French and he’s scheduled to pick between Arkansas and Mississippi State on Tuesday. Eason said the reality is that playing together in college may not be a reality any longer. “I am really narrowing things down. The plan was to go to school with my teammates, but it looks like things are breaking up,” Eason said. “Whatever happens, I know they will be happy for me. Whereever I go, I know they will be happy for me.”

With the focus more on himself, Eason hopes to make it to Tennessee this weekend with his family. And while he’s feeling Tennessee, Eason said that doesn’t mean a decision is necessarily looming. “They know how much I enjoy how they are recruiting me and how much I love them. I’m not just going to pop out a decision. I love everything about Tennessee and what they are doing there. “Whenever I feel like it’s the right moment, I am going do it. I could be eating lunch and it could hit me.”

-VQ

"With the focus more on himself, Eason hopes to make it to Tennessee this weekend with his family. And while he’s feeling Tennessee, Eason said that doesn’t mean a decision is necessarily looming. “They know how much I enjoy how they are recruiting me and how much I love them. I’m not just going to pop out a decision. I love everything about Tennessee and what they are doing there. “Whenever I feel like it’s the right moment, I am going do it. I could be eating lunch and it could hit me.”

Nah, bet it happens this weekend.

i wonder how much of his recruitment picking up is tied with getting Lawrence and Mays? Two in state guys joining the fold, add in some pressure and maybe free up some attention for the rest on the list?

also with them knowing each other that has to help.

Reactions: sneakergawd
I never even heard of the 3 guys they got recently

French could be good but I'm iffy about his sideline to sideline speed. Could be a candidate for Chief to move to DE.

Drew Francis is a good little athlete but he's lanky. If he can beef up he might be solid.

The other kid I don't think had any other SEC offers.

French could be good but I'm iffy about his sideline to sideline speed. Could be a candidate for Chief to move to DE.

Drew Francis is a good little athlete but he's lanky. If he can beef up he might be solid.

The other kid I don't think had any other SEC offers.
For more context: Drew Francis is the son of former Vol Jeff Francis. He doesn't have the size for most SEC defenses, but Chavis likes smaller LBs and he could be a good fit in Arkansas.

VN Store

Back