'20 TN LB Bryson Eason (UT SIGNEE)

Bryson Eason likes what Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt and defensive coordinator Derrick Ansleyare selling because, between the three of them, they have plenty in common. “I like that they’re defensive guys,” Eason told GoVols247 this week. “They’re just dogs. Head hunters. That’s what I’m all about. I’m getting closer with them,” the 6-foot-2, 250-pound Eason said. “Coach Ansley and Coach Pruitt, Coach (David) Johnson, getting closer with them every single day. Coach Johnson talks to my dad often, hits him up, let’s him know what he wants. Coach Ansley informs me that he wants me to play in his defense. Me and Coach Pruitt are just building a good relationship now. “They want me there. It’s something that they’re building, something that I might want to be a part of. I just have to make my mind up.”

Eason has plenty of options to consider. Ranked as the No. 14 inside linebacker and the No. 12 player in Tennessee in the Composite, Eason has Arkansas, LSU, Florida and Mississippi State all on his radar as he moves closer to his senior season at Whitehaven. Eason said Tennessee has talked to him about both inside and outside linebacker, Maybe even growing enough to move down to the defensive line. “I just want to play football,” he said. “That’s all what I want to do. I’ll play tackle if I have to. I just want to play football.”

At Arkansas, he could have the possibility of playing alongside his Whitehaven teammate, Martavius French, another four-star inside linebacker. Eason said he’s visited Arkansas three or four times and leans on a relationship built with Sean Touhy Jr., giving the Razorbacks a family feel. “They’ll take me and Martavius,” Eason said. “They’re not putting either one (above the other). Like Martavius is better than me or I’m better than him. They love us both equally. They want us both.”

Eason has visited LSU twice, most recently being a trip to Baton Rouge during the spring, and stays in contact with the Tigers almost daily. “The facility is beautiful,” he said. “I love Coach (Dave Aranda), just building my relationship with him. Everybody has the same stuff, but LSU is a nice place. Just checking them out.”

The school he checks out next could be Florida, though a visit hasn’t been planned to this point. There’s a natural draw to the Gators for Eason, who said he'd like to get a closer look at the roster and linebacker depth chart in Gainesville. “Florida is just has always been my favorite dream school,” Eason said, “because I grew up watching Tim Tebow, Percy Harvin and them. It’s just always been a love for Florida. To go there would be a dream come true.”

Reactions: Mccage
Ojulari, Eason, Whitehead, Craig, and that kid from Louisiana all seem like real probabilities at LB right now. Throw in Sewell and we are looking at a STOUT defense in the foreseeable future.

“Florida is just has always been my favorite dream school,” Eason said, “because I grew up watching Tim Tebow, Percy Harvin and them. It’s just always been a love for Florida. To go there would be a dream come true.”

****ing gross.

I remember Harvin and Teblow, and thinking 'what a coupla ****ing tools'. Opinions vary.

Former #1 instate. Need a squad of dudes that look like they are juicing. Need him and Grimes to help build this thing back up, those are just the other in states I see that look like they could really help us. Really cant wait to see who else we pick up as we start winning games. That's when I expect most to commit.

An interesting nugget did come to light this week in regards to a pair of Memphis targets. The Vols have upped their interest in Whitehaven linebacker Bryson Eason and they’ve always aggressively targeted Omari Thomas. What’s notable is that the two 4-stars have discussed seriously playing together very recently. It was once thought that Thomas and Jabari Small were a package deal, same for Eason and Martavious French. That’s no longer the case for either duo, although Eason and French do have several of the same top schools, including Arkansas. But now Tennessee is a real option for Eason, who likes the idea of staying in-state and playing for Pruitt.

- VQ

VN Store

Back