CLASS OF 20
MEMPHIS, TN
(WHITEHAVEN)

Bryson Eason, Whitehaven, Inside Linebacker

Rivals.com

Bryson Eason - Hudl

[twitter]984120395870756865[/twitter]

Last edited by a moderator:
memphis will be a big hotspot for the new staff, especially in 2020. Pruitt and david johnson both have longtime ties there, with targets including morris, ot omari thomas, wr darin turner, ot marcus henderson and linebacker bryson eason, who picked up an offer from the vols on wednesday. We did a story on eason during the spring tour last year, after the athletic inside linebacker starred for whitehaven’s state title team as a freshman. He is up to 6-foot-2 and 235 pounds and plans on being in knoxville next weekend for the spring game.

- vq

"It's been going really good," Eason said. "I recently got offers from Tennessee and Florida State. Everyone has been seeing my size and how big I'm getting. Last year, I was skinny, but now I'm putting on good weight and muscle. It's been taking off."

Eason stands 6-foot-2 and weighs 235 pounds. A drastic change since his freshman year culminated with a state championship where he was named defensive MVP.

"I can tell a difference," Eason said. "I feel way stronger. I have added strength and I wonder if I had that back then I'd have made even more plays. The speed is the same and I'm trying to get that even better."

The offer from Tennessee meant something to Eason. While Memphis is around six hours away from Knoxville, the Power T carries weight across the Volunteer state.

"It means a lot because Tennessee is Tennessee," Eason said. "It meant a lot to get it from Pruitt because he's a defensive guy and I'm a defensive guy."

Eason will be in Knoxville this weekend for the orange and white game. He's heading east with some others from west Tennessee in an effort to see Tennessee and get to know the staff in Knoxville.

"We are going to the Nike Opening event on Sunday so we are going to come up on Friday and Saturday," Eason said. "I'm coming up with Martavius French, our offensive tackle Melvin McBride, the 4-star Memphis commit Keveon Mullins and Devin Boddie as well."

So where does Tennessee stand? It's pretty clear to see they are factor for Eason early on in the process.

"They are a factor," Eason said. "It's the home state team and a big time school so they are definitely a top option."

Oklahoma and Ole Miss are also standing out to Eason early on in his recruiting process.

Eason is juggling the recruiting process and his prep for his junior season at Whitehaven. After falling short last season, he is hungry to get the gold ball back on the western portion of the set in class 6A.

"I feel like we should have won state last year," Eason said. "I know for a fact that if we work hard then we will have a great opportunity this year. We have to much talent and are working to hard to not give ourselves a chance. We felt like we lost the game last year, not hat we were beaten. We beat ourselves."

Rivals.com ranks Eason as a 4-star linebacker in the class of 2020.
VQ

bryson eason already was excited about his recent scholarship offer from tennessee before visiting the vols for the first time more than a week ago to attend their spring-ending orange and white game. He came away viewing them as one of his top college choices. The four-star class of 2020 linebacker from whitehaven high school in memphis, tenn., said tennessee “is definitely a top-five school” among the 15 teams pursuing him following his visit april 21 for the vols’ spring game, and he’s already planning to return there as early as this summer.

The 6-foot-2, 245-pound eason said tennessee, oklahoma, ole miss, memphis and florida state are the schools currently standing out to him. “it was real good. Everything looked real good — better than some of the facilities i’ve been to so far,” said eason, who's ranked by 247sports as the no. 224 overall prospect and no. 6 inside linebacker in the 2020 class. “i was very impressed by the weight room, and the stadium is so big. It’s a big sec stadium. The other ones that i’ve been to are not that big, but that’s a big stadium. “and i got to experience their little fan walk,” eason added, referring to tennessee's pregame vol walk to neyland stadium. “that was pretty cool, too, when they first came down (to the stadium).”

eason joined several other memphis prospects, including a few of his whitehaven teammates, in making the trip to knoxville. The visit came just 10 days after the vols extended an offer to him. He said he previously hadn’t talked with any of their coaches since learning of the offer, but he spoke with first-year tennessee coach jeremy pruitt while he was on campus. “he just said that he was very thankful to have me there, and he hoped i have a good time and enjoy my stay,” eason said of pruitt.

Eason said he's intrigued by the idea of attending “the same school as one of my teammates,” and he said he and teammate melvin mcbride, a three-star offensive lineman, are intrigued by the idea of playing together at tennessee if mcbride was to get an offer from the vols. “melvin said if he were to get the offer from tennessee that day, later that night he was going to commit,” eason said. “and i want to go to the same school as one of my teammates, and right now we’ve only got one offer in common, and that’s south carolina. He was just like, if he got that (offer), he would commit. “and i was like, ‘well, i like tennessee, too,’ so if he was to commit, it probably would’ve made me make the same move.”

regardless of whether that happens, eason said he “most definitely” plans to visit tennessee again. “i’m going to try to go to a game, and i’m going to try to see if i can get up there this summer if they’re having any camps or anything like that,” he said. Eason, who also visited ole miss last month, said he’s not rushing to decide on a school. “right now, i just want to wait ’til my senior year,” he said. “i mean, right now i don’t know. Right now, i’m just waiting for my senior year. But things can change.”

Reactions: 2 people
several of the top prospects from memphis, tenn., will be among the players visiting tennessee this week to participate in the vols' camp.

A group of players from memphis' whitehaven high school headlined by four-star athlete keveon mullins, a former memphis commitment, and four-star class of 2020 linebacker bryson eason is scheduled to stop at tennessee on thursday to work out with the vols' coaches.

The 6-foot-1, 238-pound eason, who received a scholarship offer from the vols in april, is the only tennessee target among the prospects from whitehaven who will be in attendance. But the group also features at least a few players who have drawn interest from the vols in recent months, including mullins and three-star offensive lineman melvin mcbride.

Eason, mcbride and mullins will be joined by three-star tight end cormontae hamilton, three-star class of 2020 linebacker martavius french, class of 2020 running back cameron sneed, class of 2021 running back ariyon paige and class of 2021 running back marcus taylor, whitehaven coach rodney saulsberry said.

Georgia hosted the group on wednesday.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back