‘23 TN LB Arion Carter (Tennessee)

JMO…I see the main rotation to start the season as Beasley, Pili and Herring…Carter will get burn as the 4th LB and his snaps will increase as he learns the D and adapts to the speed of the SEC…he, Smith and Telander will also see ALOT of snaps on ST in the process…I don’t see any of the three freshmen RSing next year

All the freshmen OL will RS, prob Ethan Davis (take a season to get back to 100%), Nate Spillman, Nate Robinson, Trevor Duncan. Jmo

Reactions: ChiTownVol
JMO…I see the main rotation to start the season as Beasley, Pili and Herring…Carter will get burn as the 4th LB and his snaps will increase as he learns the D and adapts to the speed of the SEC…he, Smith and Telander will also see ALOT of snaps on ST in the process…I don’t see any of the three freshmen RSing next year
Don’t forget Perry, I see him getting some time as well. He was getting good praise on special teams this year.

I'm pretty sure he can petition for a medical RS year based on his injury in 21...I could be wrong though
Either way, I’m excited about his next year. Generally the 2d year after ACL surgery is explosive. See Saquon Barkley and others I can’t think of right now

I am most excited about this LB class! I can't wait to watch them develop.

Carter, Herring, Smith and Telander.
I like that you’ve got the young guys you listed above, then 2-3 vets in Beasley, Keenan Pili and Mitchell (if he returns)

Edit: as i posted that i saw the post that Mitchell entered the portal lol

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
I like that you’ve got the young guys you listed above, then 2-3 vets in Beasley, Keenan Pili and Mitchell (if he returns)

Edit: as i posted that i saw the post that Mitchell entered the portal lol
I’m glad JuJu left. I want to see more young guys in the rotation behind Beasley and Pili

Also, don’t forget Kalib Perry. The staff and media were raving about his athleticism coming out of camp

Umarov may not RS ......he just may work himself into the rotation.
I think he is a great young player with lots of upside. But it would be a pretty huge surprise (or disappointment from others) if he is in the OL rotation. Adding in the 2 transfers with what we have returning and there is quite a bit of good depth.

I think he is a great young player with lots of upside. But it would be a pretty huge surprise (or disappointment from others) if he is in the OL rotation. Adding in the 2 transfers with what we have returning and there is quite a bit of good depth.
Mincey/Crawford
Spraggins
Mays
Karic
Campbell/L Johnson

In the inside spots we have Lampley, Lane, Ball, Nichols, Reddick, Clipper. I mean who knows, if Sham is better than those guys (not a long shot) i could see him sneak in that rotation

Mincey/Crawford
Spraggins
Mays
Karic
Campbell/L Johnson

In the inside spots we have Lampley, Lane, Ball, Nichols, Reddick, Clipper. I mean who knows, if Sham is better than those guys (not a long shot) i could see him sneak in that rotation
Not sure why you have Spraggins switching sides.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I thought about that. When Karic signed then we got Campbell Monday, on VQ they’ve talked about him now being able to slide in to G which is where he probably belongs. Just went front RT to RG. Either way, LG or RG
Good reasoning. Spraggins is bulkier and is already on the strong side…so I see him remaining.

Yeah my initial guess is Karic goes to LG, and Campbell gets shot at RT. Everyone else staying put.

Yes. And I think Karic could be a pass pro upgrade from Carvin. Not sure about run blocking, but he’ll be a more athletic Guard than Carvin. Carvin struggled in pass pro against Clemson (although, to be fair, he was facing a NFL R1 pick).

VN Store

Back