'20 TN ILB/QB Tanner Snyder

He has the measurables and good stats. I'm going to their game against Huntington this week. Can't wait to see him play. He is a finalist for Mr Football in single A. He probably is a PWO candidate, but there are players that slip through the cracks every year and that can play and don't have the money to camp or are in rural small counties that don't get noticed. Which Lake county definitely qualifies. If he was around Jackson, Memphis, even Dyersburg or a team like Union City that goes to state every other year, then he might even have a grade on the recruiting sites. Currently, I think he is an OVC type recruit, but if his family can afford for him to be a PWO at Tennessee, I think that would be great. My view may change after watching him this week though.

Reactions: FïreBall
He has the measurables and good stats. I'm going to their game against Huntington this week. Can't wait to see him play. He is a finalist for Mr Football in single A. He probably is a PWO candidate, but there are players that slip through the cracks every year and that can play and don't have the money to camp or are in rural small counties that don't get noticed. Which Lake county definitely qualifies. If he was around Jackson, Memphis, even Dyersburg or a team like Union City that goes to state every other year, then he might even have a grade on the recruiting sites. Currently, I think he is an OVC type recruit, but if his family can afford for him to be a PWO at Tennessee, I think that would be great. My view may change after watching him this week though.
What was the score of the Lake County vs Union City this year ???

If you all think this kid is worthy enough to even have a chance at UT, then you might want to go check out the WR from Greenback. Just sayin.. he’ll be the Mr. Football winner this year in Class 1A and is 6’4” 205 lbs. Saw somewhere where he runs a 4.5 40 time and has a 38 inch vertical. The paper said he’s currently tied for the record for receiving TD’s in one season in TSSAA history at 26. Might hear more about him after this Friday night when they play South Pittsburg. Looks like a diamond in the rough to me. Both of these kids I believe were invited to play in the East-West All Star game at APSU.
Visiting this weekend to UT

58-16 LC. I hope you are not suggesting LC recently has had a better program than UC. UC has like 4 state championships in the last 10 years. LC has tradition, but not lately when Tanner could get some looks by recruiting services.

Puckett is an excellent coach. I'm afraid he may not be there long term though. I hope LC wins it all this year.

Last edited:
58-16 LC. I hope you are not suggesting LC recently has had a better program than UC. UC has like 4 state championships in the last 10 years. LC has tradition, but not lately when Tanner could get some looks by recruiting services.

Puckett is an excellent coach. I'm afraid he may not be there long term though. I hope LC wins it all this year.

My cousin Larry Tubbs is going places to. I talked to him Sunday, and right now, he doesn’t know where he is going. Him and his family hasn’t made that determination yet. As for Tanner, well, I think his recruiting can pick up even more after the Huntingdon game.

Only single A player I can remember that did anything was Trey Teague. I’m not thinking real hard, but that’s off the top of my head.

I’ll be there. They say to leave early, because what I’m hearing there is going to be a great crowd there. 3.000 to 6,000 people or more. This thing is going to be packed. Two high scoring offenses is going to show out. Now, who has the better defense? I think Lake Co. has the better defense in this game. I’m excited, and I can’t wait for Friday night. Go big GREEN. Or perhaps, Green machine.👍😎😆

Reactions: ReelfootVol
Only single A player I can remember that did anything was Trey Teague. I’m not thinking real hard, but that’s off the top of my head.
How about Micheal Swift? He’s a Lake County man that played at Peay then went on to play with the NFL Chargers and the Panthers. Then Greg Ross from LCHS played for Memphis then on to the Miami Dolphins until injuries took him out. Granted there’s not a lot but there are some.

Reactions: peaygolf
How about Micheal Swift? He’s a Lake County man that played at Peay then went on to play with the NFL Chargers and the Panthers. Then Greg Ross from LCHS played for Memphis then on to the Miami Dolphins until injuries took him out. Granted there’s not a lot but there are some.
I should have thought of Swift......

Yeppers, I forgot about those two. Greg Ross still lives in Lake Co. and is coaching.

I’ll be there. They say to leave early, because what I’m hearing there is going to be a great crowd there. 3.000 to 6,000 people or more. This thing is going to be packed. Two high scoring offenses is going to show out. Now, who has the better defense? I think Lake Co. has the better defense in this game. I’m excited, and I can’t wait for Friday night. Go big GREEN. Or perhaps, Green machine.👍😎😆

We are getting our tickets before hand.

Reactions: ReelfootVol
Well, I’ll be waiting in line. I’m going to leave real early though, but that does sound good to get tickets early.

If you want to get them early. You have to have a smartphone though. Here's a link.

We suggest you purchase tickets now to avoid the hassle of standing in line at the cash gate. Fans who purchase early will enter thru the pass gate. With GoFan digital tickets, your smartphone is your ticket!

GoFan - The largest high school ticketing solution in the U.S.

VN Store

Back