Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not Dem or Republican. Morally lean right and socially lean left. That said, it is pathetic that a better candidate than Bernie can't be produced to beat Trump.

If our current presidentail options are the best we can do then the system is shite. How freaking hard is it to find an ethical, likeable person that is in the middle?

I'm not Dem or Republican. Morally lean right and socially lean left. That said, it is pathetic that a better candidate than Bernie can't be produced to beat Trump.

If our current presidentail options are the best we can do then the system is shite. How freaking hard is it to find an ethical, likeable person that is in the middle?

Trippie Redd for president

I’ll make marajuanas 1.5 and above illegal. (I want @nicksjuzunk vote the most)

i don't either, and it sure isn't gonna get the folks that are just right of center to swing that way.

and the democrats know it....at this point, democratic policy doesn't even matter. it's about whether or not they can get a nominee that could beat trump. and they don't have one. and none of hte candiates seem all that interested in finding and backing one..... that's not themselves. lol.

(I'm discussing winning strategies only, NOT right or wrong..not that stating this disclaimer will make a difference)

Dems have way too many factions to appease and so many different views.

While Republicans have fine tuned their litmus test approach to be a well oiled machine, post tea party.
They've just got so many topics covered under their - in unison, answer umbrella.

Progressives are ripe for divide and conquer, with their air of disarray. Been too difficult for them to appease one group, without pissing off another.

While conservatives operate much like "The Borg". Admittedly, has worked much better than even I figured for elections. It was a risk ostracizing many members of their own party when 1st implemented but it's definitely paid off over the long run.

I'll now leave this post to be disemboweled and the remains transferred to the spin department.😬😄

Forgot, but if anyone has a kid going to UT and interested in a business degree, go SCM with a minor in Professiona selling(one of past professors told me they were going to add it) he said you can easily get a job making 100k starting out if you know the right people.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
(I'm discussing winning strategies only, NOT right or wrong..not that stating this disclaimer will make a difference)

While Republicans have fine tuned their litmus test approach to be a well oiled machine, post tea party.
They've just got so many topics covered under their - in unison, answer umbrella.

Progressives are ripe for divide and conquer, with their air of disarray. Been too difficult for them to appease one group, without pissing off another.

While conservatives operate much like "The Borg". Admittedly, has worked much better than even I figured for elections. It was a risk ostracizing many members of their own party when 1st implemented but it's definitely paid off over the long run.

I'll now leave this post to be disemboweled and the remains transferred to the spin department.😬😄
you're not wrong. what's happening to the democrats is what happens when you manage by the exception....and if someone wises up and tries to do the "collective" thing, they find out pretty quick that don't work for this group or that group and so on and so on.....

s**t show. great for TV in this day and age of reality TV drama/chaos.

If you guys actually have any serious questions about the process, application, anything really, just @ me.

You are doing a tremendous service on here. Well done. Accurate as well according to friends of ours. IMO in TN always do CC first unless the student is absolutely brilliant in HS and is given scholarships. It not only costs less, it helps the person acclimate to the expectations and determine if college is for them. It also helps them to learn more about what fields they are most interested in and competent.

I have a son-in-law in law enforcement who is gradually obtaining his AA while full time employed through related training and in-service programs. He had started CC out of HS a decade ago and hated it, so he trained and got a job doing what he liked in LE. He will still have to finish a few of the required CC classes on his own time, but can take accelerated ones to finish. Once complete with it all over a 2-3 year period, he will be qualified in a speciality that pays $60+K where he is or with similar metropolitan type departments. Or, he can go federal and walk in the door earning $80+K to start.

There are many paths to success to do what you like or feel called to do.

Not everyone needs to go to college. We need furniture and plumbers and electricians too. Also, ACT/SAT scores are not a measure of intelligence. I know plenty of people that scored through the roof on those tests, but they don't have sense enough to come inside out of the rain.

This is why I say, "common sense ain't common." Like some smart pants physicist that can't change his own flat tire.

You are doing a tremendous service on here. Well done. Accurate as well according to friends of ours. IMO in TN always do CC first unless the student is absolutely brilliant in HS and is given scholarships. It not only costs less, it helps the person acclimate to the expectations and determine if college is for them. It also helps them to learn more about what fields they are most interested in and competent.

I have a son-in-law in law enforcement who is gradually obtaining his AA while full time employed through related training and in-service programs. He had started CC out of HS a decade ago and hated it, so he trained and got a job doing what he liked in LE. He will still have to finish a few of the required CC classes on his own time, but can take accelerated ones to finish. Once complete with it all over a 2-3 year period, he will be qualified in a speciality that pays $60+K where he is or with similar metropolitan type departments. Or, he can go federal and walk in the door earning $80+K to start.

There are many paths to success to do what you like or feel called to do.

Thank you so much and thank you for the story about your son in law, that’s honestly inspiring. Hard work pays off no matter what route you take in life. Just have to go and get it.

Reactions: Vols4us
Why do old people wear long khaki pants and collared long sleeve shirts at the gym? Someone really old enlighten me

If someone is wearing normal clothes at the gym you have the right to kick them off of whatever they are using. It's in the constitution.

You nailed it and unfortunately everyone has been brainwashed into a two party system. Don't for a minute think that if Trump gets re-elected that the dems stop getting theirs. They are so in bed together it's theatrics, nothing more.

="Vols4us, post: 18014499, member: 39945" IMO in TN always do CC first unless the student is absolutely brilliant in HS and is given scholarships. It not only costs less, it helps the person acclimate to the expectations and determine if college is for them. It also helps them to learn more about.

Sorry, didn’t mean to cut off everything because I wanted to quote this for everyone because it’s amazing advice. Please please please if you live in TN make your kids go to CC that offer the transfer pathway to UT. They may hate it because they don’t get the full college experience but they will thank you once they graduate cause of no student debt they may or may not have to pay back.

Me personally I don’t have to payback anything, no loans or anything.

A lot of trades are struggling to find young people to apprentice and learn. I have a friend whose son is studying to be a machinist. It might be a pie in the sky estimate but his school told them he could make up to 70K when he graduates.

The company I work for does like manufacturing and we have trouble finding and keeping machinists, welders, and other skilled labor. Not enough supply.

The company I work for does like manufacturing and we have trouble finding and keeping machinists, welders, and other skilled labor. Not enough supply.
Location and pay for welders where you work? Sorry not trying to make this indeed.com but I have a few that I know in the welding business that may be interested.

Location and pay for welders where you work? Sorry not trying to make this indeed.com but I have a few that I know in the welding business that may be interested.

LaVergne. It is a UAW union facility so pay rates are determined by longevity.

You nailed it and unfortunately everyone has been brainwashed into a two party system. Don't for a minute think that if Trump gets re-elected that the dems stop getting theirs. They are so in bed together it's theatrics, nothing more.
i'm not sure i would say they're in bed together..........but either way, i do agree that the politicians don't lose, no matter who wins....

they all thrive on the dissention in the mob. the collective "we" is so busy worrying about crap that doesn't matter, that they all get away with the stuff that does....and we love it. 1 30 second soubite or twitter post at a time.
img_6575.gif

Last edited:

I honestly can't even imagine how much it would shake things up. My goodness, I'd be all in just to watch the 2 party world's burn.

To see dems screaming randomly at clouds and blaming one another...repubs spending millions on study groups to see if 2 flag lapel pins and an extra military parent could've given them the edge.
T'would be glorious.

I honestly can't even imagine how much it would shake things up. My goodness, I'd be all in just to watch the 2 party world's burn.

To see dems screaming randomly at clouds and blaming one another...repubs spending millions on study groups to see if 2 flag lapel pins and an extra military parent could've given them the edge.
T'would be glorious.
lol....

A lot of trades are struggling to find young people to apprentice and learn. I have a friend whose son is studying to be a machinist. It might be a pie in the sky estimate but his school told them he could make up to 70K when he graduates.

This is very believable. I’m a Journeyman Pipe Fitter/ HVAC Mechanic in the Memphis area. We have an apprenticeship program through the Local Pipe Fitters Union that is currently turning out apprentices after 5 years at $68,000 yearly pay not included the benefits. We have one of the best retirement setups in the area that pays roughly $15,000 a year into a 401K type fund that is paid strictly by the contractor that you work for. Your health insurance is also completely payed for by your employer/contractor and covers not only you but your spouse and children. Apprentices are employed throughout their apprenticeship and attend school two nights a week between September and May for the entire five year program. Not a bad deal for a young individual looking for a skill but it’s hard to get kids that are willing to do it nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back