'20 TN ILB Martavius French (UT SIGNEE)

I’m not sold on either one of them honestly. I think French is better than Eason.

Rankings aren’t the end all be all but I’ve said it before that it always alarms me when their campsite is higher than their 247 score. And both of theirs are. Both are composite 4 stars while 247 has them as an 87 and 88 three star.

Couple that with the knowledge of the staff not really recruiting them and it’s fairly telling.

Rankings aren’t the end all be all but I’ve said it before that it always alarms me when their campsite is higher than their 247 score. And both of theirs are. Both are composite 4 stars while 247 has them as an 87 and 88 three star.

Couple that with the knowledge of the staff not really recruiting them and it’s fairly telling.
not quite VN lexicon worthy, but I loled.

Whitehaven 2020 linebacker Martavius French makes no bones about it: He wants to play in the SEC. Starring alongside best friend and teammate Bryson Eason on one of the best teams in the state, the inside linebacker holds more than 15 offers, namely programs from the South. French has visited LSU, Arkansas and Ole Miss this spring but said he doesn’t plan on really focusing on his recruitment until the summer. “I really haven’t been paying a lot of attention to it, but in my mind I do have a Top 5 list of schools right now with Oregon, LSU, Arkansas, Mississippi State and Florida,” he told Volquest. “But my recruitment is still open.
There’s still a chance for other schools for me to choose but right now those are the top schools that I picked for now.” So where does Tennessee sit in the mix? The 6-2, 240-pound inside linebacker hasn’t heard much from the defensive coaches but area recruiter David Johnson wants to get him back on campus to camp this summer. “Tennessee is on the rebuild. They up to something. Tennessee is the home-state school and I sometimes want to stay in the home state, but I haven’t really been talking to them much,” he said. “But coach Johnson was talking to me about two weeks ago about getting back up there to visit.”
French, who led the team in tackles a year ago, like Eason, is an oversized inside linebacker who could end up playing outside linebacker or defensive end in college. He believes he has the skill-set to stay inside but is hearing from “6-7 schools that want me as a hybrid linebacker.” Then there’s the package deal element to French’s recruitment. Like Eason, he is adamant the duo will play together at the next level. “It is a 100 percent,” he said. “Everytime we talk about a school, we talk about the same school. Just know y’all going to see my and Bryson playing together. We’ve had that dream since 7th grade. We have the opportunity to do it, we’re going to do it.”
-VQ

Crazy how our recruiting has gone from being very particular and slow playing, to now triage and we will take anyone at or over a 3*... amazing what tanking the season will do... in before all those idiots who said or are still saying this won't affect recruiting...
We need this kid in the worst way right now, especially if Ignont and others are in the transfer portal...

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
It’s not that he wasn’t good.. just that Eason was way better
That's debatable. Eason is better but not by leaps and bounds. Eason is bigger and hits harder, French has speed and is a sure tackler. They compliment each other because they've been playing together for so long. No one really know how either one will work out without each other.

Reactions: Rishvol
That's debatable. Eason is better but not by leaps and bounds. Eason is bigger and hits harder, French has speed and is a sure tackler. They compliment each other because they've been playing together for so long. No one really know how either one will work out without each other.
The thing was everyone was hoping we’d be able to pair Eason with Sewell, but chances are that’s not happening. Still would like to see us take Whitehead as an ILB and take another RB, just take 3 inside linebackers. If Ignont and Reid are leaving you’ll need to anyways

VN Store

Back