'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

Everyone can't go to Ga. , Ala. , Fla.

While Tennessee hasn't produced near as many as the above have it speaks volumes that Clemson, Ala, or Ga can come in and poach some of our best. Grass isn't always greener on the other side as far as Tennessee is concerned in football

Everyone can't go to Ga. , Ala. , Fla.

While Tennessee hasn't produced near as many as the above have it speaks volumes that Clemson, Ala, or Ga can come in and poach some of our best. Grass isn't always greener on the other side as far as Tennessee is concerned in football
Its called kids wanting a new experience for college, its not a novel idea. That is why we are able to recruit so well in other states too.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
OH yeah.. We sure are doing a great job recruiting in other states alright... Lol

5 of our top 6 ranked recruits are from out of state. all but 4 of the 2019 class are from out of state. current class is currently ranked 15 in the country, and only going up. what are you talking about?

5 of our top 6 ranked recruits are from out of state. all but 4 of the 2019 class are from out of state. current class is currently ranked 15 in the country, and only going up. what are you talking about?
The dude is moronic to put as delicately as possible man. He’s apparently got his opinion, which is fine, but is unwilling to accept the fact that other states tend to perennially produce better talent numbers wise. Forgets that Fulmer did the same thing.

I will admit, the first time the dude (that's been touting this kid for wks) first started posting about Russell, I shrugged him off. Now I say, Russell looks to be legit, and I would love to see him as a Vol.

With that being said, I want to see Pappoe, To'oto'o, Marshall, Crouch...I want to see them become Vols more, because they are the best of the best of the best, so on and so forth...elite; the type of players that has won Bama 7 sec, and 5 National titles.

To put it into perspective...whenever Warren Burrell committed to us, I posted that I would rather have a 3* WB, than a 4* Woody Washington. Some said it was dumb to think that. The reason...because better talent, the better HS football player comes from the state of Ga, and that is the truth. That Grayson team this year was stacked with 4 & 5 stars, stacked! They didn't even play in their state championship game. The same goes for that Marietta team...if I'm not mistaken, they didn't even sniff the championship game, much less win it. Both of those schools could have come into the state of TN, and won the state championship, hands down, no question. The HS talent and COMPETITION in the state of Ga is far more superior than it is here, as bad as I hate to say it. This isn't even debatable.

Last edited:
Kid is good, not elite but has some really good instincts. He reads the plays quickly and it’s refreshing seeing a LB that reacts as quick as he does. He is already better than any LB on the current roster at reading and reacting to plays. Just needs a little more speed.

Kid is good, not elite but has some really good instincts. He reads the plays quickly and it’s refreshing seeing a LB that reacts as quick as he does. He is already better than any LB on the current roster at reading and reacting to plays. Just needs a little more speed.
Speed? He has tons of speed. Where have you been hiding?

More speed? Kid has SEC speed right now. His 40 is in the 4.4s.

Reactions: LittleVol and T Dog

VN Store

Back