'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

In all seriousness, I hope this kid didn't screw himself. I hope he ends up somewhere, be it here or elsewhere, gets his education and succeeds in life. Football is just a game, and I'm not going to wish a kid serious ill over it. We've all been young and stupid. Keep that in mind before passing judgement.

And don't let bitter feelings about things alleged insiders have claimed cloud your judgement. We have no idea if any of these guys truly speak for or even know Russell.

In all seriousness, I hope this kid didn't screw himself. I hope he ends up somewhere, be it here or elsewhere, gets his education and succeeds in life. Football is just a game, and I'm not going to wish a kid serious ill over it. We've all been young and stupid. Keep that in mind before passing judgement.

And don't let bitter feelings about things alleged insiders have claimed cloud your judgement. We have no idea if any of these guys truly speak for or even know Russell.
Maybe just a little bit of a runny nose?

I agree with this but don’t want him here.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I agree with this but don’t want him here.
Since we in-homed with him, I doubt we have a scholarship, but if he could/would come as a PWO, I'd take him in a heartbeat. But I don't see that happening.

It was a rough day for the Razorbacks on the linebacker front, first missing out on longtime lean Lakia Henry and then striking out on Russell to close out the day. When he initially de-committed from Memphis it looked like it was an Arkansas vs. Tennessee race, but in the end both fell behind a hard charge from Texas A&M. Tennessee can take solace in the fact that while they missed on in-state player Russell, they still pulled one of the day's biggest surprises in landing Rivals100 linebacker Henry To'oto'o.
-Rivals

Here's a crazy question I'm hoping someone knows the answer to. Any in-state kids that accept PWO spots with UT(not suggesting this is the case with Russell), does the NCAA still allow them to be eligible for lottery scholarships?

Here's a crazy question I'm hoping someone knows the answer to. Any in-state kids that accept PWO spots with UT(not suggesting this is the case with Russell), does the NCAA still allow them to be eligible for lottery scholarships?
Yes, they can use any lotto scholarship and need based scholarships.

I’m calling BS on your “Farh Fulmer “ crowd. They are not the cause or served us up this steaming turd.
It’s the AD’s UT presidents, Big Boosters that called the shots and hired Moe, Larry, and Curly all in a row.
They could’ve hired a competent football coach to replace Phil, but they wouldn’t know on if they tripped over and did trip over a few getting to Kiffin
Fulmer got lazy, complacent and felt like he was entitled to be that way, so really all this mess is on him...But...I think he learned a hard lesson, and I think that is serving him well as the AD.

Reactions: CJBlaze

VN Store

Back