'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

But no, we all know what will happen when he commits to Tennessee. These star ratings will probably jump him down some more. Look what has happened to others now that has signed with us.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
I was just thinking about how people look at a player and put him at 6'2" or 6'5" and 30 lbs different and everyone kind of understands the variation in perception. But we quibble over 40 times between 4.48 and 4.52 like we can really see that. :D

But no, we all know what will happen when he commits to Tennessee. These star ratings will probably jump him down some more. Look what has happened to others now that has signed with us.

Yep. The TN down bump is a real thing. Look at Henry T. Ever since he has been trending our way, he has dropped in tye rankings.

I think Russell needs to be bumped up, IMO. To be mvp in your all star game against good competition, should get you at least to a four star status.
Being from Jackson and having friends in Dyersburg, I always pull for guys from that area. He’s a really great player and hope he’s a Vol. But, MVP in east v. west TN all star game vs two D1 offensive players doesn’t constitute a huge bump in rankings. JMO

Yep. The TN down bump is a real thing. Look at Henry T. Ever since he has been trending our way, he has dropped in tye rankings.
Dang Orange Train, it is awful, and not right. I’ve looked around on some sights, and I barely see any others that have committed dropping, except a few?

Being from Jackson and having friends in Dyersburg, I always pull for guys from that area. He’s a really great player and hope he’s a Vol. But, MVP in east v. west TN all star game vs two D1 offensive players doesn’t constitute a huge bump in rankings. JMO
I know what you mean by that the D1, but I’d really and truly would appreciate it, if these star rating services would just quit bumping our guys down like that. I think Jackson is really growing, and it is only a matter of time that it really does something positive to get even bigger.

I know what you mean by that the D1, but I’d really and truly would appreciate it, if these star rating services would just quit bumping our guys down like that. I think Jackson is really growing, and it is only a matter of time that it really does something positive to get even bigger.
Maybe they’ll run an interstate through it...

Reactions: AaronUT
Ehh. Jackson isn’t what it used to be. Amazing the lack of talent from Jackson. Actually, a lot of people are moving out of Jackson to Gibson, Crockett, and Haywood County. I does need something positive.
Love Dyer County though. Lots of great deer an duck hunting! Go Trojans best Crockett County!

Ehh. Jackson isn’t what it used to be. Amazing the lack of talent from Jackson. Actually, a lot of people are moving out of Jackson to Gibson, Crockett, and Haywood County. I does need something positive.
Love Dyer County though. Lots of great deer an duck hunting! Go Trojans best Crockett County!
That is unusual though. It would seem that Jackson would have a lot of football and basketball talent, but it doesn’t seem like it. I thought it was still growing, and I think it would take a huge plant to come in to make it grow even more. I agree, go Trojans.

Interstate 40 runs through there. If that is what your referring to?

giphy.gif

OD can you go measure him tomorrow and put an end to these height/weight quabbles?
Oh, I’ve been reading this stuff, and should’ve said something. Well, I can tell you that he is 6 foot two right now, and his last weight was around 236 to 239, and that weight is a bulky 236 to 339.

VN Store

Back