'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

We wouldn’t be having these discussions if the family didn’t go through heck around early signing period and Christmas time. He would’ve been a vol by now. He had to cancel his last visit.

We wouldn’t be having these discussions if the family didn’t go through heck around early signing period and Christmas time. He would’ve been a vol by now. He had to cancel his last visit.
Everything happens for a reason.

Biggest decision of life so far...
I don't care if he was "supposed" to be a Vol right now. Who cares?

All that matters is if he becomes one in February.

Reactions: Devo182
He wants to enjoy the recruiting process. Once you sign, all of that stops. You only go through this process once, so I think he should enjoy it.
Speaking of the recruiting process. It has to eventually get overwhelming . This is the first time I have ever been close to someone getting recruited by SEC schools. You literally can’t have a conversation with him. Stays on the phone. I mean for hours.

Speaking of the recruiting process. It has to eventually get overwhelming . This is the first time I have ever been close to someone getting recruited by SEC schools. You literally can’t have a conversation with him. Stays on the phone. I mean for hours.
Which coach does he say has the best phone voice?

For the record ma'am, I liked the post before it was edited with the above comment which endangers his life (insert emoji lifting the hat). Hey @butchna, where did that emoji run off to?
THEY feared how cool and awesome it (and others) was. Leaving the plebeian representatives anybody with a prepaid wireless could throw out. 🤬

Reactions: AaronUT
Obviously he’s not spent any time there!

Hi. We don't have any minks here in Upper East TN. How wild are they, out of curiousity? We have otters, beavers, and possums, any thing close to that?

Also, anyone stating Dyersburg has toothless ladies has never visited Sullivan County, TN. Juuust at the edge of coal country.

Hi. We don't have any minks here in Upper East TN. How wild are they, out of curiousity? We have otters, beavers, and possums, any thing close to that?

Also, anyone stating Dyersburg has toothless ladies has never visited Sullivan County, TN. Juuust at the edge of coal country.

FYI, a few years back when I fished Patrick Henry Lake regularly, I'd put my boat in on the upper end below the airport bridge. I've seen several black minks on the right side of that lake (only on the right side) headed down the lake before you get to the !-81 bridges. If you're familiar with the area, I'm talking about the area across the lake from the homes in Lochridge down to the bridges. I live in the county of Sullivan, and we do have a few of those (but I'm not sure how many are truly "ladies.") HA

Tennessee’s other top linebacker target is Dyersburg (Tenn.) prospect Chris Russell. The Vols are slated to get Russell’s final official visit, but Texas A&M and Auburn are pushing hard for the 3-star linebacker, with Arkansas and John Chavis leaning heavily on his mind due to a long relationship.

Darnell Wright might visit West Virginia this weekend or next, but Tennessee still sits firmly in the driver’s seat for the nation’s No. 6 prospect. Wright will take his final OV with the Vols and everything points orange.

- VQ

Since these articles have popped up, and I’ve known all along about a few things, I think I’ll open up just a little bit. I didn’t really want to mention about other teams recruiting him, because it just something I didn’t want to do on this thread.
So I’ll tell you this much. John Chavis did come to two football games to watch him play, and I was there. Chavis has been to the high school more than on multiple occasions. Chavas has been pounding at the door more than you know. Forked Deer, I knew all along that Chavis has been relentless on his trail. My goodness, the phone calls that he has gotten from him is crazy. I haven’t really one way or the other, said much about Chavis, except when I’ve been asked about him some. Chavis is a good guy, but I’ve said I just don’t think he is going to be around that long, unlike Pruitt will be. Well, anyways...one last thing. I know that a lot of Tennessee fans have been on him to sign with Tennessee, and they continue on.

Reactions: MemphisVol3
Since these articles have popped up, and I’ve known all along about a few things, I think I’ll open up just a little bit. I didn’t really want to mention about other teams recruiting him, because it just something I didn’t want to do on this thread.
So I’ll tell you this much. John Chavis did come to two football games to watch him play, and I was there. Chavis has been to the high school more than on multiple occasions. Chavas has been pounding at the door more than you know. Forked Deer, I knew all along that Chavis has been relentless on his trail. My goodness, the phone calls that he has gotten from him is crazy. I haven’t really one way or the other, said much about Chavis, except when I’ve been asked about him some. Chavis is a good guy, but I’ve said I just don’t think he is going to be around that long, unlike Pruitt will be. Well, anyways...one last thing. I know that a lot of Tennessee fans have been on him to sign with Tennessee, and they continue on.
giphy (5).gif

20181204_194902.gif

Good story, Ted.

AB8AF0CE-0C45-4CF4-911C-7AACF53E8D4A.gif

VN Store

Back