'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

Let me say this. He has been a vol fan for a while now. He loves orange. His dad loves orange. He loves Pruitt. The family loves Pruitt. He loves to win. It has been all that he talks about at home is the Vols, since the offer. I’ll say he is all vol. the family would love to watch the big orange in Knoxville according to mom.

I approve of this message👌🏽 I enjoy watching home town or in state talent prosper at UT.the last person I was cheering on was devrin young unfortunately my best friend didn’t turn out like some thought he would.still enjoyed watching him get in

I approve of this message👌🏽 I enjoy watching home town or in state talent prosper at UT.the last person I was cheering on was devrin young unfortunately my best friend didn’t turn out like some thought he would.still enjoyed watching him get in
I think Devrin Young went through a lot, especially injuries. I don’t know if he even got back to form after that one injury. I can’t remember what that was. I think it bothered him a while. As for the hometown product, Jeremy Pruitt saw this kid blow up, and was right on this one. I loved watching this kid play. He was all over the field. This kid is a lot tougher than some of the media says. He will surprise you on the football field. I’m saying this kid will hit you, and will not be scared to tackle.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I think Devrin Young went through a lot, especially injuries. I don’t know if he even got back to form after that one injury. I can’t remember what that was. I think it bothered him a while. As for the hometown product, Jeremy Pruitt saw this kid blow up, and was right on this one. I loved watching this kid play. He was all over the field. This kid is a lot tougher than some of the media says. He will surprise you on the football field. I’m saying this kid will hit you, and will not be scared to tackle.

Man that gets me super excited,I’m all for a hard hitter hopefully he comes here,I will follow him closely if he does.

Reactions: Charles the vol
Man that gets me super excited,I’m all for a hard hitter hopefully he comes here,I will follow him closely if he does.
You bet. I will tell you this, the players that started this year better watch it, because he will steal a spot away. That is how good this kid is. A little secret? And the biggest secret. THE KID DOESNT QUIT!! Hint hint!

Devrin was your best friend? If so, let him know to keep playing rugby. Played against him when he was just starting out with Knoxville club and he can be deadly playing rugby 7s. We couldn’t stop him when he got the ball in his hands.

Devrin was your best friend? If so, let him know to keep playing rugby. Played against him when he was just starting out with Knoxville club and he can be deadly playing rugby 7s. We couldn’t stop him when he got the ball in his hands.

Is still!..we basically grew up together from boys and girls club on up! Really good guy! Hate he didn’t work out well here.that would be super wild to see him play rugby I must admit buts still super fast I’m assuming is why he was hard to stop.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
friend of mine saw him play rugby a couple months ago in NYC - apparently he balled out

Last I had heard he was going to get some time with some elite training programs and teams. Glad to hear he’s still at it and doing well.

Auburn was here yesterday and GT today. Arkansas is after him hard. Word is Chavis to visit every week until he signs somewhere. Norvell from Memphis is recruiting him personally.

For reference, as a junior in college Saquon Barkley cleaned 405 for a Penn State record. And this kid get 340 as a senior in HS. Not comparing him to Barkley, but the explosiveness is definitely a similarity. Russell looks like he’s got another 10 pounds in the tank too IMO

Last edited:

VN Store

Back