'19 TN ILB Christopher Russell (Texas A&M signee)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
insfi7phc9cnwmxmisdy

6' 217lbs
Dyersburg, TN
(Dyersburg)

Christopher Russell, Dyersburg, Inside Linebacker
Christopher Russell, 2019 Inside linebacker - Rivals.com
Christopher Russell on Hudl

Last edited:
Probably a blueshirt candidate to help with the lack of bodies we could have after Pruitt&Co. weed out those that don't want to be here.

Or he’s a walk on?

No way a current Memphis commit with a recent offer from Auburn is going to walk on. Sounds like he has a legit offer from us.

I don't think this means anything in regards to OP or TM. I just think it's due diligence.

And as much as I can't believe I'm saying this.... after the past two weeks, I'd be almost okay with cutting an OL (McBride possibly) to take another front seven guy.

Kid is from my hometown. Probably the first legit D1 talent to come through in 10-15 years. Played RB and LB in high school. He came in the summer to camp and was hoping for an offer then. Offer never came and committed to Memphis.

I don’t know any inside info right now, although I am sure I could get some with a couple texts. But my gut tells me if the offer is legit then I could see him jumping in the boat.

Either way I’m rooting for the kid. Everyone speaks highly of him, and he seems to be a young man of high character.

Kid is from my hometown. Probably the first legit D1 talent to come through in 10-15 years. Played RB and LB in high school. He came in the summer to camp and was hoping for an offer then. Offer never came and committed to Memphis.

I don’t know any inside info right now, although I am sure I could get some with a couple texts. But my gut tells me if the offer is legit then I could see him jumping in the boat.

Either way I’m rooting for the kid. Everyone speaks highly of him, and he seems to be a young man of high character.
Get some info for us.

Reactions: LittleVol
I believe there has been a poster on here trying to get this guys name out saying hes a player. Looks like the coaches took notice of this kids ability.

I’m not comparing him to the other prospects but he is highly underrated imo. He only averaged about 6 carries a game this year and had 1000 yards rushing. He scored a TD the first 6 times he touched the ball. In the right offense as a featured back he would have been crazy good. I know Auburn and Arkansas are recruiting him as an athlete. He worked out for UT in June and ran a 4.46. He came home without an offer and committed to Memphis the next day. I see him a couple times a week. IMO it is Auburn or Memphis at this point. That’s just my guess. I have not pressured him for an answer.

Vols appear to have offered Dyersburg, TN LB Chris Russell, a former Memphis commitment. Russell had a big senior season and has garnered additional offers from Auburn, Arkansas, and Georgia Tech. Right now he’s a February signee so the Vols have done the smart thing in offering and getting involved now. He’s likely a secondary LB target and how serious Tennessee pursues him will seemingly depend on whether they and Owen Pappoe, if so whether they land another of their LB targets like Marshall or To’oto’to; and what happens at other positions
Jackson Lowe a potential 2-for-1 signee (and other Monday recruiting notes)

Reactions: Vol Main
The staff was by Dyersburg to see linebacker Chris Russell. Tennessee actually offered Russell last Friday but Russell wasn’t sure if it was real and Tennessee made sure he fully understands he has options with Tennessee. He also has been offered by Auburn and Arkansas. He will not sign till February and appears to be someone Tennessee will keep tabs on through the second signing period.

Price

VN Store

Back