TN favored at KY

secking

Opens at -4, so basically a touchdown favorite.

Way to low. They were 26 pt underdogs to GA.

We haven't won an SEC road game since 2010 (Vandy) if I'm not mistaken.

We're lucky to be favored at all.

Maybe we have a wide receiver who played some QB in high school that Butch can play. It worked for KY a couple of years ago. Try something!

For the first time ever I don't feel confident at all going in to play Ky especially after the way we played Vandy

Tennessee problem at the current time is the lack of mature players in the skilled positions. We would have drubbed Vanderbilt and been at least 14 points favorites at Kentucky if we had not lost so may players to early departures and attrition. At the present time we are playing true freshmen at quarterback and wide receiver. we have a sophomore receiver in the slot and we have just average running backs. I would say the offence line is above average but I have yet to see them have an above average game. Even though our recruiting average in 16 in the nation over the last four years and Vanderbilt and Kentucky is 45 and 51 respectively. We you reevaluate the classes over the last for years tacking into account attrition for all reasons we are only
slightly better than Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Both our offense and defense are just not competitive in the SEC. With Tennessee being so far down the quality of player chart it is going to take Butch at least 3 more years to get us back to being truly competitive. This is if Butch can continue to recruit at a top 5 level. Keep in mine Alabama is number 1, Florida is 5, Auburn is 7, LSU is 9, Tennessee is 15, Texas A&M is 18, South Carolina 19. Just something to think about.

:whistling:

Reactions: 1 person
Let's review the last five weeks. Don't read if you get nauseous easily.

We got our arses handed to us by the three best teams in the SEC, playing three consecutive weeks, two of them on the road. All three teams are in the top 6 of the BCS as of today, and all three have legitimate shots at the NC in terms of if they win out they might win it.

Now last night....terrible game, true, but Vandy is several notches below any of the three. Still...they beat Georgia and Florida, are likely to finish 8-4, and count as a solid bowl team in spite of being Vandy.

Now next week....Kentucky is several notches below Vandy. They have only beaten Miami of Ohio (winless in the MAC) and Alabama State (D2). We should be able to make a half assed effort against Kentucky and win.

What I hope happens is that we come out focused, make an effort, and run them out of the stadium, but at this point I will be happy with a win of any kind.

I am also concerned that we not show up...but trust me UK is much more winnable than Vandy, whom we almost just beat. And SHOULD HAVE...no excuses for losing.

VN Store

Back