'24 TN EDGE Steven Soles

Dad is a friend of mine and played at Lane College. The younger namesake will be joining the NPA Family and honing his skills with us and also working with Big Will in Alcoa. In the off season he will be on the Dream Team Big Man Challenge group. Kid is long and can lean coming off the end. Btw dad is about 6'5 320 so kid is not done filling out. Also has a younger brother Shamar who is filthy already in lil league and has a nice with interior DL moves. Both father and son love UT

How many AC player threads are there on Volnation?
What does that have to do with the price of tea in Madagascar? (I was just pulling your chain.) If you want to claim they are underachieving then you might have an argument but we'll see hit plays out. To say they aren't good then regardless of the talent difference, they've proved on the field that they were better than AC.

With 5+ d1 guys, including the #1 player in the country?? They should be playing better than they are.
Well, to be fair, the #1 player in the country is fat, winded, out of shape, smelly, heavy-footed, lazy, a Methodist, a supporter of the designated hitter in the National League, and a Jeff Gordon fan.

So, I've heard from some fellers in Muhr-ville.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in Madagascar? (I was just pulling your chain.) If you want to claim they are underachieving then you might have an argument but we'll see hit plays out. To say they aren't good then regardless of the talent difference, they've proved on the field that they were better than AC.
I said before they played they were better this year.. thereā€™s no reason AC shouldā€™ve been ahead for 3 quarters. Look at their roster.. thatā€™s obviously what Iā€™m saying. They should be playing a lot better. Theyā€™re not one of the top teams in the state and should be

Reactions: de1conley
1662212827620.png
Feb 13, 2022: Soles, the 5Star Preps Defensive Underclassman of the Year, posted huge numbers from his defensive end position. Solesā€™ specialty was destroying linemen and getting in the backfield as fast as possible. He led Powell with 17 quarterback sacks for minus-129 yards and 50 quarterback hurries. Soles also recorded 50 solo stops and 74 overall tackles with two fumble recoveries.

...Soles said he takes great pride in being known as a defender who never takes a play off. ā€œFirst, I just have a love for the game,ā€ said Soles. ā€œI just try and get after it and lead by example. I try and use my explosiveness and speed, but I can also catch linemen off guard with my power.ā€

Soles played last season at 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds. He is already up to 6-3 and 215 heading into what promises to be an exciting 2022 season, both individually and team wise. Lowe said he expects Soles to take another big step next season. With continued physical growth and skills development he predicts Soles will emerge a Division I prospect. ā€œI think itā€™s coming this spring,ā€ said Lowe. ā€œI talked to a number of (college) coaches and I expect him to explode. Youā€™re talking about a 16-year-old kid who is already 215 or 218 pounds. We expect him to play at 225 next year and 235 or 240 his senior year.ā€
2021 5Star Preps Defensive Underclassman of the Year: Steven Soles, Powell - Five Star Preps

Soles is naturally tall and broad-shouldered, but the trait that makes him stand out to colleges is his explosiveness. Powell coach Matt Lowe said Soles is just as quick off the line of scrimmage as his wide receivers. "His burst off the line. Every college guy that comes through here says that's what separates him from other guys in this area," Lowe said. "Guys that big just aren't that fast and athletic off the line of scrimmage. He's continued to try to add mass and get that lower body stronger, so as he accelerates through his hips, now he's got that punch to go with it."
Why 2024 defensive lineman Steven Soles stands out to Power 5 coaches

In Powell's first 2 games this year, Soles racked up 19 tackles, including 5 TFL, and a blocked field goal. In last night's win over Karns, he finished with 13 tackles (12 solo), 3 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles.

Last edited:
I said before they played they were better this year.. thereā€™s no reason AC shouldā€™ve been ahead for 3 quarters. Look at their roster.. thatā€™s obviously what Iā€™m saying. They should be playing a lot better. Theyā€™re not one of the top teams in the state and should be
I have to bump this. It had to be done.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back