'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

I hate to break the news to y’all but I’ve seen this movie before and it ain’t good. Even if Walter does eventually choose Tennessee I doubt he amounts to a whole lot here. There’s not much that separates elite players (especially lineman) physically. The biggest factor once they have all the physical skills is the mindset, intelligence, and work ethic. And kids that get so obsessed with the attention they get during recruiting typically just don’t have the mental make up. What does Saban call it? Rat poison? That’s what it is. It’s literally just a few weeks from esd. He’s had plenty of time to meet coaches and see schools. If he was coming here he could be actively recruiting for us right now trying to get others from the state on board. But he’s not. He’s soaking up every ounce of attention anyone will give him. He’s probably got people whispering into his ear about cash and extra benefits. If he had his head in the right place he’d have already committed here. Why? Because the guy that will be coaching him here is better than them all at helping players reach their potential and get to the league. RG is the best dline coach in the country.

I hate to break the news to y’all but I’ve seen this movie before and it ain’t good. Even if Walter does eventually choose Tennessee I doubt he amounts to a whole lot here. There’s not much that separates elite players (especially lineman) physically. The biggest factor once they have all the physical skills is the mindset, intelligence, and work ethic. And kids that get so obsessed with the attention they get during recruiting typically just don’t have the mental make up. What does Saban call it? Rat poison? That’s what it is. It’s literally just a few weeks from esd. He’s had plenty of time to meet coaches and see schools. If he was coming here he could be actively recruiting for us right now trying to get others from the state on board. But he’s not. He’s soaking up every ounce of attention anyone will give him. He’s probably got people whispering into his ear about cash and extra benefits. If he had his head in the right place he’d have already committed here. Why? Because the guy that will be coaching him here is better than them all at helping players reach their potential and get to the league. RG is the best dline coach in the country.
Gee thanks for your enlightening wisdom. You mind giving coach a call and letting him know not to recruit 5*s in his own backyard since they won’t commit on your timetable? 🙄

Well that was uplifting

FF86CE8F-B128-45C8-A4FE-A3C9B38DB580.gif

Well, to be fair, you don’t know if he is or isn’t recruiting for TN behind the scenes. He could be a silent and recruiting his tail off for his state and holding off going public to create the most exposure for the football program, like an All American game or on TV on signing day.

The thing that puzzles me is that the NILs here have been like free happy meals and ice cream cones at Dairy Dip. Fake apparel deals by guys who nobody is supporting. There is no true example for a kid of this magnitude to see proof that its there for him. These other schools have kids riding in luxury and booster coming with oil money and sponsorships. We have got to step it up like back in the 90s.

The thing that puzzles me is that the NILs here have been like free happy meals and ice cream cones at Dairy Dip. Fake apparel deals by guys who nobody is supporting. There is no true example for a kid of this magnitude to see proof that its there for him. These other schools have kids riding in luxury and booster coming with oil money and sponsorships. We have got to step it up like back in the 90s.

Nolen would be the only player at UT that has a NIL deal worth a damn (KC being the other)

Actually agree. Our NIL opportunities have been lousy compared to a lot of the other schools in this conference.

What big names are on our roster that deserve such deals? Maybe our businessmen are smarter in playing the wait and see approach… I’m pretty sure All those people like Dr.Pepper, Ford, etc that did deals with DJ, Rattler, LSU QB that got hurt, Sam Howell, etc who have been busts this year would like to have those deals back. JT Daniels has barely played after his deals. The ROI for these business not looking that great and I think you will see more conservative approaches as this goes. They will wait for the kids to actually do something on the field before handing them boatloads of money

Kennedy Chandler had no issues reeling in a big deal.

Bingo. Maybe our fanbase isn't as robust as everything thinks we are.

If you were Dish Network for example, who on our current roster would you invest marketing dollars in right now? Not too mention the crazy times in business right now where people are looking for ways to conserve the insane costs in supply chain and transportation. Costs of good in a lot of places is up anywhere from 3x to 10x. Price gouging everywhere. Hoarding. So you have companies wondering how to make up for these costs and how to pay their people… you think they are jumping to pay people that aren’t national names that drive immediate $$ or attention. Deals will come once results continue to rise the way they are.

Reactions: xtremevolfan
Our fan base is robust, it just isn’t rich. We live in a country were 80% of the wealth goes through like ten schools. Fortunately most of them aren’t worth a **** at football. And then there’s the oil money schools - the real winners of this deal.

Our fan base is robust, it just isn’t rich. We live in a country were 80% of the wealth goes through like ten schools. Fortunately most of them aren’t worth a **** at football. And then there’s the oil money schools - the real winners of this deal.
The SEC schools are super rich.

Well, to be fair, you don’t know if he is or isn’t recruiting for TN behind the scenes. He could be a silent and recruiting his tail off for his state and holding off going public to create the most exposure for the football program, like an All American game or on TV on signing day.
I choose to believe this Aurelian Dawg. Of course, you're most likely trolling us over on dawg 247.

I am sure behind the scenes there is NIL opportunitie$, but like most have said on here, there's really not been anyone in football to merit such a high priced deal at this point... Bball is another story and we are seeing this... Get some big recruits in football, and they will be made aware of the NIL opps...

Stupid

Actually agree. Our NIL opportunities have been lousy compared to a lot of the other schools in this conference.
It’s @InVOLuntary fault! He has a multi-billion dollar business and won’t pitch in to help out with the NIL deals. He needs to be tarred and feathered!

Cliche but 5* star talent, 3* heart. I think he'll end up somewhere in the middle as far as production goes. Getting the #1 player is still good for our program even if it's highly likely he doesn't live up to that.

VN Store

Back