'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Not sure he had a shot at Garner. Garner was pretty locked in that he wanted to be at TN since Steele was let go at Auburn. He planned to be DL coach under previous staff or Steele then it was a no brainer that whoever we hired would hire an elite DL coach sitting in your lap
He’s an Auburn alumnus and not a nomad. He was more than retainable. It never got to the effort stage. Steele was their interim and many of their prominent boosters wanted him as the next coach. There was a gap between Harsin’s hire and Steele joining up with Pruitt’s staff. Garner was brought up as a possibility AFTER that. I don’t think he was even considered by Harsin. Rocker was hired and then we started hearing about contact with Garner. Harsin’s an idiot until proven otherwise.

Good grief...are you really that obtuse? BGS has been saying it for months when, literally, many signs (not to mention several other analysts) disagreed. Now, one analyst, offers up a supporting opinion to the "he gone" crowd following an emotional visit high, and that is suddenly the smoking gun? Get real.

Nolen might not come here, but it isn't because BGS had some inside information or a Nostradamus-like premonition in June. He was just playing the odds that a top-3 player wasn't going to commit to a team mired in dysfunction, trying to swim up for air.
He keeps using his “I know writers” as his validation. How do writers KNOW what’s in a kid’s head? Specially one who has made multiple “top” lists and the teams have fluctuated throughout his recruitment. Teams that weren’t in his Top 10 are in his Top 3…and then his first visits are to teams outside his top 3. One of ATLVol’s staunchest trolls has surpassed him by tonnage in any bs metric.

He keeps using his “I know writers” as his validation. How do writers KNOW what’s in a kid’s head? Specially one who has made multiple “top” lists and the teams have fluctuated throughout his recruitment. Teams that weren’t in his Top 10 are in his Top 3…and then his first visits are to teams outside his top 3. One of ATLVol’s staunchest trolls has surpassed him by tonnage in any bs metric.

This is a forum where people boom when CBs come in for the good guys. Those CBs come in from “writers.” But when a messenger delivers info that you don’t want to hear, you want to discredit it and shoot the source.

I could gaf less to be honest. I personally think Nolan comes here. That’s not based on anything other than Rodney Garner and what his NIL opportunities would be here. But despite trippie texting teenagers and declaring him a lock and everyone salivating over it, BGS has been - albeit in a slightly trolling fashion - saying not so fast. Everyone dumps on it. Now - when one of the most respected and longest tenured recruiting guys comes out and says something that aligns with what BGS is saying - you all line up to poo poo it.

This is a forum where people boom when CBs come in for the good guys. Those CBs come in from “writers.” But when a messenger delivers info that you don’t want to hear, you want to discredit it and shoot the source.

I could gaf less to be honest. I personally think Nolan comes here. That’s not based on anything other than Rodney Garner and what his NIL opportunities would be here. But despite trippie texting teenagers and declaring him a lock and everyone salivating over it, BGS has been - albeit in a slightly trolling fashion - saying not so fast. Everyone dumps on it. Now - when one of the most respected and longest tenured recruiting guys comes out and says something that aligns with what BGS is saying - you all line up to poo poo it.
Folks "lining up" to poo poo bgs has nothing to do with Nolan's recruitmemt. Lot of folks are simply just tired of his garbage...

I believe he comes here due to rg. Plus the chance to stay close to family will loom large. Didn’t we also offer his younger brother? We got a lot going here. Amd someone above that mentioned Khalil…mckenzie could’ve been a star had he received great coaching. I belibe we can legit offer that now with garner and heupel

VN Store

Back