'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Yeah but they're not very consistent. Just look at the top 250 every year and look at the NFL draft 4 years later...

I've been over this same topic ad nauseam.

Believe what you want. I truly don't care.
Clemson built their program on 16th average ranked classes. Developed them and built that culture. NOW when they OFFER a kid, his rankings goes up a star at least. That along with being on many short lists due to their PREVIOUS SUCCESS track record results in this type of program.

Clemson built their program on 16th average ranked classes. Developed them and built that culture. NOW when they OFFER a kid, his rankings goes up a star at least. That along with being on many short lists due to their PREVIOUS SUCCESS track record results in this type of program.
Not to mention "Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama " all have another thing in common besides highly ranked classes. The DEVELOPMENT of each player they get.

That's why when people just lazily point out and and say "see look at all dose starz jim 🤯🥴". I just laugh.

They point to Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State and give them credit for
for recruiting the highly ranked guys, but then don't understand those 3 particular staffs also develop players at a high level.

Not to mention "Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama " all have another thing in common besides highly ranked classes. The DEVELOPMENT of each player they get.

That's why when people just lazily point out and and say "see look at all dose starz jim 🤯🥴". I just laugh.

for recruiting the highly ranked guys, but then don't understand those 3 particular staffs also develop players at a high level.
How many times do we see a low 3 star get a Bama offer and shoot to the top of the 4 star rafters? Piggybacking on your point, their EVALUATION is elite the eggheads piggyback on that talent. Pruitt for his multitude of faults flat nailed some projections and the other HC’s (including Saban and Kirby) would follow with offers. Anything remotely close WITH legit program building?

How many times do we see a low 3 star get a Bama offer and shoot to the top of the 4 star rafters? Piggybacking on your point, their EVALUATION is elite the eggheads piggyback on that talent. Pruitt for his multitude of faults flat nailed some projections and the other HC’s (including Saban and Kirby) would follow with offers. Anything remotely close WITH legit program building?

Exactly...

But waaaaay to many people just focus on whatever star level is beside the name, and literally nothing else.

stars mean even less right now v because of no camps and some teams missing an entire year

I've said this ad nauseum over the years, but absence of proof isn't proof of absence. If a service ranks a guy high, they likely have good reason to. If they rank a guy low, it may be a good rating, but he may also just not be well evaluated.

It would never happen, but it would be an outstanding improvement to the service rating if they would also include a confidence level. If the service says 3*/100%, he's been well evaluated in multiple camps and he is legitimately a 3*, but if they say 3*/10%, it could just be that he's physically average, but his ceiling is unknown.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

But they wouldn’t be getting AL, OHSt, GA or Clemson results without starting with the raw talent. Otherwise, others would do it. Does anyone believe Kirby is a great beyond recruiting? Was Day a guru?

VN Store

Back