'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

I wish we would quit looking at ourselves as second hand citizens….. Alabama is recruiting over a guy that some wish were here.
What are you talking about?
Dude is a 5 star QB that hasn't even played his SR year.
How the hell does anyone know if he's already being "recruited over"?
That's just salty people talk.

I had a passing thought today. What if the person who brings UT back isn't Coach Hype, or Danny White, or insert favorite QB here. What if it's the OG bag man, Coach Garner?

This dude has been credited with not only being one of the best actual coaches in football, but his value as a recruiter can't be overstated. Now that players can legally recieve money, the skies the limit on what CRG can and will do and the players he'll not only get here, but put in the league.

So glad he's back on our side.

I would think NIL would diminish the effectiveness and necessity of bagmen. Legit marketing and advertising advisors or agents with business contacts seems way more important.

I would think NIL would diminish the effectiveness and necessity of bagmen. Legit marketing and advertising advisors or agents with business contacts seems way more important.

IMO, you have to take the NIL argument in conjunction with the under the table 'game' that has always existed. What I'm saying is that if CRG was a master at getting kids paid when it was illegal, think about how well he'll do now that it's legal under the NIL guise. No one is policing this, so now when kids have money, the assumption is that it came from a sponsor - real or imagined.

If CRG could make these kids money before, think about how much easier it'll be to have a legitimate sponsorship setup by any UT booster. Hell, Volnation would front money through some shell internet website if given the chance. I think we should anyway - @Freak let's add a donations tab, and you can sponsor the upcoming 2022 class to promote Volnation. It'd only take a few social media posts and a tee shirt to be legit.

Their offense isn’t going to change. Kirby is as stubborn about his scheme as Pruitt, Muschamp are. Saban assistants are scared to have better offenses than their defense. Cant win big in modern CFB without going full up tempo/air raid. Eventually these kids are gonna realize the BS and stop going there. It’s already happened with a few 2022 kids.
Saban doesn’t run an uptempo offense or Air raid either lmao… football knowledge off the charts. They run more than they pass and are very low as they’ve always been in plays per game…

Saban doesn’t run an uptempo offense or Air raid either lmao… football knowledge off the charts. They run more than they pass and are very low as they’ve always been in plays per game…

Saban adjusted to a pro style offense using three WR sets.

As long as he has a serviceable QB and speedy WR’s, there’s no way you can stop it.

He still likes to run the ball but he also can score through the air if he has too.

Reactions: Waylon11

As long as he has a serviceable QB and speedy WR’s, there’s no way you can stop it.

He still likes to run the ball but he also can score through the air if he has too.
He must’ve HAD TO a lot last season!

Saban has a killer instinct
He goes for the kill shot and has players to do it on offense

Reactions: PA Vol
Keep an eye on A&M. He’s going to their pool party/cookout this weekend with a ton of blue chips. Aggie boosters are so mad over the Texas to the SEC thing they are going to be throwing around money like crazy.

A&M has the stench of desperation that no pool party will wash off. They've appeared particularly pathetic these past two weeks.

Top 2 is cool, but we are not 2. Everything working towards the good guys in this one recently

How many times have I heard this one with regards to a UT top recruit.
giphy.gif

I agree with what you said but I was mainly responding to what he said about Air raid and uptempo offenses. In which Alabama isn’t either they’ve just adjusted how’ve they recruited the WR position adding speed over size which makes it seem like they pass it at a much higher rate than before if you just go by eye test. In reality they’ve routinely been one of the slowest paced offenses in the SEC since Saban’s arrival and there hasn’t been much change to tempo at all. But overall I agree with what you said

I think what people see in their change of offense doesn’t really have much to do with massive scheme changes as they also are one of the highest rated teams in the SEC in terms of Heavy personnel usage. it’s mainly the change in direction of style of WR they recruit now. Heupel doesn’t run an air raid system either as some think. It’s a veer and shoot offense that runs the ball 45 times a game or so which some people fail to realize and focus on the passing. Overall I’m excited for the new offense as it’s balanced and proven it can work to it’s intended purpose

A&M has the stench of desperation that no pool party will wash off. They've appeared particularly pathetic these past two weeks.
Do you have that sense from your interactions with recruits? That was my thought as well after their public performance since last week, but wasn’t sure that if the kids saw it that way.

VN Store

Back