'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Don't know much about Powell. Is it a public or private school and what classification do they compete in?
Powell is a AAAAA public school in North Knoxville. Matt Lowe is their head coach and played there (QB) when I was in school in the mid-90s. I went to a rival school and he was 2 years ahead of me, but I was friends with a lot of people at Powell. This is his 2nd stint as HC at Powell. He coached there in the mid-2000s, and left to coach at Kings Academy in 2011.

Powell is a AAAAA public school in North Knoxville. Matt Lowe is their head coach and played there (QB) when I was in school in the mid-90s. I went to a rival school and he was 2 years ahead of me, but I was friends with a lot of people at Powell. This is his 2nd stint as HC at Powell. He coached there in the mid-2000s, and left to coach at Kings Academy in 2011.
I think he was also AD at king's as well.

Reactions: cncchris33
He's a very good coach for sure

Not M
Not Matt .. he hired the coach from youth football .. JJ who knows all the kids across state .. great recruiter .. he is pulling kids from all over .. he has contact info for every good player across this state .. legal or not ..
Talking like this is perfectly legal… lol

Rumors he will commit next month and it won’t be to us, but if he ends up at Powell like is rumored, it could give us more opportunities to change his mind
The rumor is August but this one won’t end until signing day as he’s had at least 3 teams in the lead for him. Moving to Powell helps UT’s chances, definitely doesn’t hurt them.

Not M
Not Matt .. he hired the coach from youth football .. JJ who knows all the kids across state .. great recruiter .. he is pulling kids from all over .. he has contact info for every good player across this state .. legal or not ..
Gotta have a good recruiter on your staff.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
lol it would be TNs luck for a kid his caliber to move 20 minutes away then sign with UF

If a 5 star kid from Alabama moved to Tuscaloosa then committed to Auburn, Saban would have that schools head coach fired and the kid would be ruled ineligible for his senior season
UF? Someone make this kid a poster of Mrs. Mullen and remind him players have to make out with her before every game. That should convince him not to pick UF.

Didn't Akporoghene live with them through High School when he came over to the US from Africa? Or is that someone else?

Didn't Akporoghene live with them through High School when he came over to the US from Africa? Or is that someone else?
Not sure he lived with Lowe (I hadn’t heard that), but Lowe coached him before Akporoghene transferred to IMG.

VN Store

Back