'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

FIVE-STAR DL WALTER NOLEN

Nolen, who recently transferred to St. Benedict at Auburndale High School in Cordova, Tenn., said Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt was among the first coaches to contact him early Tuesday morning.

The 6-foot-4, 300-pound Nolen, who's ranked the nation's No. 1 overall prospect in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2022 class, said he received text messages from coaches at Oregon and Ohio State "right at 12," and he "heard from Coach Pruitt five minutes later." Nolen said Vols defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley also reached out to him later.

"They were telling me they need me," Nolen said of Tennessee.

Nolen is originally from the Memphis area and spent his sophomore season at Olive Branch (Miss.) High School, just outside Memphis, before transferring to talent-filled IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., in January. After spending a few months at the powerhouse program, he decided to return to the Memphis area for his final two years of high school.

He now will be playing for former Tennessee defensive lineman Marlon Walls, who's in his second year as St. Benedict's head coach.

- Callahan

Chosen few😂😂😂😀😀😂😂😂😂

join here. Make out with makout Mullen.
if I was a top college athlete. I would be hard pressed to make out with mullens wife. His wife has more hair on her arms than most Pakistani people. In what world is she considered attractive ?

Just for discussions sake when’s the last time the #1 recruit played at Tennessee?

Berry was close wasn’t he?

Khalil was 1st for a bit and may have ended up first on one site.

Smith was number one for ESPN maybe?

So he would be our first ever composite #1 it seems.

Nolan:
#1 Comp
#1 Rivals
#2 ESPN
#3 247

Berry:
#3 Composite
#3 Rivals
#4 ESPN

Kahlil:
#6 Composite
#3 247
#6 Rivals
#26 ESPN

Trey:
#14 Composite
#1 ESPN
#5 247
#49 Rivals (lol)

Reactions: escapegoat2
So he would be our first ever composite #1 it seems.

Nolan:
#1 Comp
#1 Rivals
#2 ESPN
#3 247

Berry:
#3 Composite
#3 Rivals
#4 ESPN

Kahlil:
#6 Composite
#3 247
#6 Rivals
#26 ESPN

Trey:
#14 Composite
#1 ESPN
#5 247
#49 Rivals (lol)
Until he committed to UT, then he would drop 200 spots and become a 3 star.

Bryce Brown was the #1 player on rivals. Not sure about his composite rating since that was before 247
Good call.

#2 Composite
#1 Rivals
#8 ESPN

Fwiw I don't see old Scout rankings, but assume composite accounted for them for Brown and Berry.

If that meant anything to him then all he has to do is be a silent commitment and sign on the second signing day. He doesn’t have to make his verbal commitment public. I never understood why UT public commits get the shaft in rankings like it seems they do. The only problem with keeping it silent is the momentum in recruiting you get from having the #1 guy going public with his commitment to you.

Reactions: PA Vol and tn4elvis
I guarantee if Nolen commits to the good guys his stock will drop. It is not a just a hunch. It is a virtual guarantee. Uncommitted prospects bring more eyeballs than committed prospects. He'll drop in the rankings in favor of some uncommitted prospect.
Ehh. Mike Farrell has acknowledged multiple times that the Vols have the perceived edge in this recruitment. Still put him #1. Don't think there would suddenly be a big drop.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I guarantee if Nolen commits to the good guys his stock will drop. It is not a just a hunch. It is a virtual guarantee. Uncommitted prospects bring more eyeballs than committed prospects. He'll drop in the rankings in favor of some uncommitted prospect.
We literally had the most post-commitment risers from the 2019 class, so nawww, in general.

That said, he's currently #1, so that's sort of a silly bet as he can only move down at this point.

VN Store

Back