'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

“I talk to them a lot,” said Nolen, who’s ranked the No. 3 overall prospect and No. 1 defensive tackle in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “I talk to them weekly. I’ve been talking to Coach Pruitt. They’re just telling me they’ll be a good fit for me, since it’ll be closer to home and stuff.”

Pruitt himself has been heavily involved with Nolen in recent months. Nolen said he also has been in communication with first-year Tennessee defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh.

Nolen said he likes what he has heard from Pruitt so far.

“He’s a cool coach,” Nolen said. “Whenever I talk to him, I can tell how he coaches his players and all that.”

“I feel like, if I go and work hard at any school, I’ll have a chance to play as a freshman and can probably play a couple games,” Nolen said. “It ain’t truly about the distance. I feel that any school I go to, my family will still find a way to get there.”
callahan

Must have grown since Barton did his evaluation since they knock him for his size more than once. 6'4 300 ain't too shrimpy IMO
Maybe so, they have him #3 player in the entire class

Thick, stocky interior defender with good arm length and a powerful frame. Sudden get-off and outstanding first-step quickness. Good lateral quickness at the snap. Jarring punch and knock-back ability. Delivers a blow when being blocked. Outstanding hand quickness and activity. Arrives with heavy pads as a tackler. Good closing speed in the backfield. Can bend and redirect. Doesn’t stay blocked. One of the most disruptive defenders in the 2022 cycle. Plays with effort and alpha mentality. Shorter than the what is typical for elite interior linemen. May not be as scheme versatile as other bigger linemen. Will be an impact Power Five starter and is poised to develop into an early round NFL Draft pick.

VN Store

Back