'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Georgia is standing ready to drop the check, no matter how much it costs. If it comes to that, he’s gone. We can’t play that game right now

I’m hearing uga is out. Uf and bama currently lead, but he’s listening to Garner big time. Family prefers ut over uf, but uf has seriously been showing him the love. Patience is needed with this one. Is the new staff willing to play the long game here and possibly miss on #2 and 3 on the recruiting board to have a legitimate shot at #1 come December? Rn, bama, ut and uf wont truly be out of it until he signs paperwork.

I’m hearing uga is out. Uf and bama currently lead, but he’s listening to Garner big time. Family prefers ut over uf, but uf has seriously been showing him the love. Patience is needed with this one. Is the new staff willing to play the long game here and possibly miss on #2 and 3 on the recruiting board to have a legitimate shot at #1 come December? Rn, bama, ut and uf wont truly be out of it until he signs paperwork.

We need lots of DL so I doubt we would pass on option 2 and 3 as we probably would love to have all 3 lol

No. You take 2 or 3 and if he wants to come you figure it out. If UT is in his plans he would just go ahead and commit and help recruit. But he must not be feeling it.

Hell, he might just go to Tennessee and help us beat Alabama in the next 3-4 years and win the National Title.
I think one problem we’re seeing in college sports and the collection of power is the buddy thing we’re seeing in the NBA. This may be unlikely, but we need some players willing to make their own legacies and not be another gun for hire on another championship team that will honestly be forgotten in time. That kind of kid will be a true leader on the resurgence we’re all looking for.

The talk with kids (recruits I’ve talked with in this 22 cycle) is that UGA is actually gonna have a worse class than usual. It’ll still be top 10 but those 2 that decommitted aren’t gonna be the last by any means. TAMU is smoking them at the moment. Bama hasn’t even really started recruiting this class that heavily.

I think one problem we’re seeing in college sports and the collection of power is the buddy thing we’re seeing in the NBA. This may be unlikely, but we need some players willing to make their own legacies and not be another gun for hire on another championship team that will honestly be forgotten in time. That kind of kid will be a true leader on the resurgence we’re all looking for.
This sentiment has been repeated every cycle since 2014.

They’re 16,17,18 year old boys...teams flash money, fame, girls, and fun at them and they lose their minds. Hell, we had players taking kids to the strip club on a coaches credit card

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
We saw the closest thing to success in 2016 with a few kids like that, so I do think there’s something to it.
Until there isn't. I hope he comes here. But there's almost zero downside to him going to "a sure thing" program.

It takes a specific personality and mindset to balk at that and take a chance... And then for it translate to in field success for a program in a situation like ours.

I'm fine with this staff finding guys that fit what they want to do and developing them over 2-3 years and seeing what it turns in to.

There's not a quick fix or a short cut, even if they land kids like this.

Until there isn't. I hope he comes here. But there's almost zero downside to him going to "a sure thing" program.

It takes a specific personality and mindset to balk at that and take a chance... And then for it translate to in field success for a program in a situation like ours.

I'm fine with this staff finding guys that fit what they want to do and developing them over 2-3 years and seeing what it turns in to.

There's not a quick fix or a short cut, even if they land kids like this.
Disagree, we’ve seen many highly ranked guys get lost in the shuffle at big programs so there’s no sure thing to begin with. Also, if getting drafted is your main goal, it doesn’t matter where you go and North Dakota State proves that. The culture change we need won’t come from coaches, it has to come from the players and I think a couple guys like this that are willing to take a chance will accelerate that.

Disagree, we’ve seen many highly ranked guys get lost in the shuffle at big programs so there’s no sure thing to begin with. Also, if getting drafted is your main goal, it doesn’t matter where you go and North Dakota State proves that. The culture change we need won’t come from coaches, it has to come from the players and I think a couple guys like this that are willing to take a chance will accelerate that.
If I'm Nolan..............I'm going to University of Memphis and getting some FedEx NIL $$$$$$$$

Reactions: UTMVol76
Top 5 players aren't going to ndsu. A few have gone to TN. And as many that have gone on to do great things have not, and/or transferred out.

Pinning your hopes for the future of the program on recruits (notice that's not "recruiting") individually is what we've done the past 7-8 years.

Let this staff just get guys that fit, want to be here, and see what it looks like in 2-3 years.

For the first time in nearly a decade, I honestly do not care where we wind up in recruiting rankings, or whether or not a guy like nolen comes here. Either way it doesn't mean we're going to instantly get better or never get better.

VN Store

Back