'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

I told ya'll back in August that this kid was lazy and out of shape. I was told by his slurpers "just wait until he has a couple of games to get into shape!". Well here we are in December and he still can't play 5 snaps in a row without literally laying down on the field and barfing. You slurpers still not concerned with his motivation and mentality? No red flags at all?

Lol. I don’t remember that specific inning. I remember a few guys that played for BGA...Barry Booker...Mike Keith...Clint Hart....Billy Van Landingham
Billy and I were great friends. Still talk to him and Mike Keith quite a bit! Small world

Reactions: Pacer92
I have seen several games of his this season and everytime I think he will be a bust in college. Maybe the switch flips for him once he gets to wherever he winds up, but he continues to play like he does now then he wont make it.

Reactions: Pacer92
I told ya'll back in August that this kid was lazy and out of shape. I was told by his slurpers "just wait until he has a couple of games to get into shape!". Well here we are in December and he still can't play 5 snaps in a row without literally laying down on the field and barfing. You slurpers still not concerned with his motivation and mentality? No red flags at all?
Not really anything to be concerned with, he ain't coming here. Ain't our problem.

I have seen several games of his this season and everytime I think he will be a bust in college. Maybe the switch flips for him once he gets to wherever he winds up, but he continues to play like he does now then he wont make it.

I would still like for us to be the school that gets to try to help him flip that switch lol.

Are u and @BigOrangeTrain kissing cousins?
There is more talent in some other states, but individuals in Tennessee are just as talented as any others from said states.....there are just not as many of them.

Why is that so hard to understand for some people? Based on what y’all are saying is that the top 10 in Tennessee couldn’t make the top 100 in GA or FL? Absurd
McCallie easily beat Calhoun, the top 15 team in GA. Oakland, Summit, and Maryville are all better than McCallie. Maybe Lipscomb too. Ga has better depth. Out 100 and their 100 is not the same, but TN has several teams who are nationally competitive. The schools that have invested have really started to up the level of ha football in TN. It is better coached than it used to be.

he's coasting...

Nolan has great potential but he has miles to go in conditioning and stamina. The level of play is fixing to go up ten fold. He better get in whatever weight and conditioning program his school of choice offers. Great talent, but miles to go before he is a every down player in college. GBO

Yeah man that’s it stick your chest out for that e-cred you so obviously desire 😂😂😂😂

This isn’t necessarily true in todays defenses he could easily be a 3rd/4th down guy with his explosiveness. Atleast until he gets in way better shape.

Actually could be opposite. Guys like him will most times just run off when pressured to work hard. See Jay Hardy. That’s why he left Auburn and RG didn’t try to take him here last year
This... IF being "lazy" is his nature (as some believe), it usually takes a major transformation to get past that. Unfortunately, more often than not, that doesn't happen...

I’m not in the know here. I’m not saying he’s going to be the next Trey smith, or the next 5 star bust.
But maybe he played sick? Maybe being the top or close to the top recruit in the country comes with a much bigger weight now with NIL. There just may be factors that are in play. Easy to say he’s a lazy sack when he’s not comittied to us. Although some have said this long before.
I played highschool ball with two studs that went on to have very successful SEC and NFL careers. They were bored in highschool, and I watched them coast through lifts and practice and games. Someone will get in his ear and make him realize to get paid you gotta work. Hopefully he answers the call

I've said on a few occasions that it appears to me that Walter has a lot of quit in him! My hope is when he is a VOL, Garner will light a fire under his butt and make NFL deal more rewarding !
Teams are constantly going for his knees which I know has to be frustrating. Some of it I have to believe is to limit exposure to injury. I'm sure maturity will help him focus more. Hopefully he chooses TN and Garner will get him to his potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolzMan53
Powell up by 15 had the ball around the 10 with a third and 7. They decided to throw, dumb move. The qb ran backwards and took about a 15 yard loss. You end the game with a fg.

Powell’s kicker was barely making PATs. Everyone I saw would have been no good from 5 yds further back.

Are we thru bashing this kid?Good lord he's 17 years old .How would any of us handle being the number one prospect in the nation?

People are just trying to bash the kid as mechanism for coping since he isn’t committed to us. If he was a Vol, he’d be hailed as the next Reggie White by this board.

VN Store

Back