'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

They won it despite O being the head coach.
I will say outside of saban and Meyer, the trend for national championship recently are 1st rounder QBs no matter the head coaches
Auburn with Chizik and Cam Newton
FSU with Jimbo and Jameis Winston
Clemson with Dabo and Watson and Lawrence
LSU with Coach O and Joe Burrow

These days (more often than not) you must have an elite QB playing at an elite level to be an an elite team. Look at Tenn when Milton played compared to Hooker. Almost doesn’t matter who the coach is.

We all knew we were still talking to Nolan. Hopefully A&M's rough ending to the season makes him re-think. I'm not too sure about Jimbos job security either, I'm sure no one is pleased with him right now despite beating Bama.

Honestly don’t think he will flip. He’s fell into the hype of that A&M class too much at this point IMO.

What if Garner doesn’t want him?
Do you have a reason to think that? I believe you hinted at that before when you said UT did not necessarily miss on Nolen (implying they didn’t try that hard).

My impression is Garner prefers guys who are hungry to get better over guys who are certain they are the best.

He did ok. He was double teamed a bunch. He wasn't in on the last West possession. The scored on that series. Pretty easily too. Powell may have had subs in everywhere though.
I saw a bit of the game and Nolen got injured playing offense. Announcers kept saying an ankle but I thought he got a knee to the helmet and was shaky on his feet. Anybody say for sure?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
He did ok. He was double teamed a bunch. He wasn't in on the last West possession. The scored on that series. Pretty easily too. Powell may have had subs in everywhere though.

I am in a quandary with this guy. He for sure has the physical gifts to be rated at the tip top of HS players by the services. IF IF IF he has the motor and wants to use it, he will be an impact player, but when every guy across the LOS is a 300 pounder with D1 skillsets of some kind I don't know how that will turn out. I for sure would like for him to stay in town for college. I will hate the narrative him going elsewhere will supply the terminally negative folks that identify themselves as Vol fans (easily identifiable), but we will survive the overboard posts and move forward.. I will trust Garner to attract some guys that want to be here and make progress on the DL. I don't know enough about his transient HS career to expect him to stick wherever he starts out, here or elsewhere. So I will temper my joy if he unexpectedly does pick up an orange hat. Progression on the field next year will help us improve our win rate on signing days and the portal as well.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back