'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

So unbelievably bizarre. He has absolutely zero connection to this university and his parents aren’t even going to get to see him play often. And on top of that…it is such a weird amd bizarre school. But here’s what I’d say…for one it’s not anywhere close to over. This kid absolutely soaks up every ounce of attention he can get (reminds me of the hardy kid a couple of years ago). So we’re still in it. And secondly, even if he does ultimately go there who knows successful he’ll be. The best players are the top 100 type athletically but with a humble/grounded/hardworking attitude. We obviously need to continue to recruit him but as this process continued to play out and you began to realize how pathetically attention starved (and immature/self centered) the kid was you start to lose optimism. Y’all legitimately ask yourself this… Does this kid remind you more (based on the way he’s handled his recruitment) of Derek Barnett or Bryce Brown? Y’all all know the answer. The hardy kid that was so addicted to attention has never gotten anything done on the field for auburn and was in the portal over the summer.

Last edited:
I have been very quiet but it may be time to admit.

CJH can coach is butt off.
But…

He can’t recruit worth a damn.
This is going to be a problem.
It’s almost like he was hired in late January and the 22’ guys have been recruited by other schools for 3+ years, and it’s almost like we’ve had a NCAA investigation hanging over our heads and other schools have used that to their advantage. Relax.

Yea this one hurts a local kid getting away well at least it wasn’t to Georgia. He would’ve immediately been a impact player here next season hopefully he reconsiders.

He is not local. Just moved here because of his baby momma. Moved and switched high schools multiple times. Lots of rumblings his dad is in charge of his recruitment. I think that answers the question. Lots of posters have seen him play and have no idea why he is rated the Number 1 DT in the country.

Last edited:
How do you lose a top rated recruit that’s like a few miles down the street? Especially when you have Rodney garner on the staff.

Tennessee hasn’t been relevant in college football (except to Tennessee fans) for more than a decade.

How and why some of y’all are surprised by not landing a top rated recruit?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but his maturity level does make me think he would bolt if he came here. Gardner isn't going to fluff his ego or pander to him. I'd love to have his talent but not sold on his mentality.

It’s almost like he was hired in late January and the 22’ guys have been recruited by other schools for 3+ years, and it’s almost like we’ve had a NCAA investigation hanging over our heads and other schools have used that to their advantage. Relax.

There is a good bit of momentum around the UT program right now. I’m not asking for a top 5 class but there isn’t much of reason to fall out of the top 25 in recruiting this season. You can’t recruit with Vandy and SC and expect to beat Florida.

There is a good bit of momentum around the UT program right now. I’m not asking for a top 5 class but there isn’t much of reason to fall out of the top 25 in recruiting this season. You can’t recruit with Vandy and SC and expect to beat Florida.
Kentucky does and they beat Florida

When it comes to some of these Tennessee seniors we are losing out on, you have to consider how many are actually born and raised Tennessee guys. A good bit of them recently moved to Tennessee so it’s not quite the same as born and raised. Still it’s important we get the ball rolling on recruiting or we will never be competing for ships. I think the 2023 class will be the real tell if Heupel can recruit or not. Idk how true the comments are that we have punted on the 22 class or not but there’s no excuse for the 23 class. Best way to get these guys to sign is start winning games. Have a chance tonight and big opportunity next weekend with UGA to show he can be the man.

So unbelievably bizarre. He has absolutely zero connection to this university and his parents aren’t even going to get to see him play often. And on top of that…it is such a weird amd bizarre school. But here’s what I’d say…for one it’s not anywhere close to over. This kid absolutely packs up every ounce of attention he can get (reminds me of the hardy kid a couple of years ago). So we’re still in it. And secondly, even if he does ultimately go there who k owe how successful he’ll be. The best players are the top 100 type athletically but with a humble/grounded/hardworking attitude.

I’d be very surprised if his parents travel to and from every single game isn’t already taken care of. I’m sure they’ll be able to see him play as much as they want.

We aren’t far away from the top 25

Florida isn't recruiting at all, that's after the season per Mullen.

UK has beaten FL 2 of the last 4 matchups and they’ve never recruited better than FL

VN Store

Back