'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Powell is just way deeper than AC. Pretty much all of AC starters playing both ways and this is turning into a hot 4 hour game.. can’t hang with a talented 5A school that long. They’re pouring it on now.
Your Anderson County team outplayed my panthers for 2/3 of the game. My stream fell out when ya'll were up in the second half. AC is good as usual.

Nolen is clearly a difference maker. The first half AC was trying to cut block him so Powell moved him to the edge. Redmond has a lot of talent but I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole if I was a college coach. Zero discipline. Greene was a lot more disciplined he just didn’t the ball thrown his way a lot tonight.

Nolen is clearly a difference maker. The first half AC was trying to cut block him so Powell moved him to the edge. Redmond has a lot of talent but I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole if I was a college coach. Zero discipline. Greene was a lot more disciplined he just didn’t the ball thrown his way a lot tonight.
What were the discipline issues with Redmond? Just talking a lot? Dude seemed like a baller, but didn’t seem blazing fast or anything to me

Your Anderson County team outplayed my panthers for 2/3 of the game. My stream fell out when ya'll were up in the second half. AC is good as usual.
You guys have talent all over the place and are a heck of a lot deeper. We ran out of gas. I think there are a lot of guys that are going to be sore from that one tomorrow haha

Good game.

Watched Seymour & GP play last night. They looked like JV compared to these guys.
Yeah, it’ll be an interesting year. I’m excited about it. We’ve always had really good games with Powell, and this one was a blast to watch… until the 4th quarter lol

Nolan looked pretty good from what I can tell. Number 52 for AC did pretty good on him. Even saw him put him on his butt a time or two. Just hard to match up with someone that’s that good all night.

Reactions: LittleVol
What was that conference really all about though? The commentator on that stream was pretty confused by it lol
We had a couple I know. Not sure which one you are referring to but the longest one I can remember happened to make sure we had penalty enforcement right. We had a live ball and dead ball foul both 15 yards that we had to walk off both. One was a spot foul and the flag had been moved somehow from where it was thrown. Plus the box man moved so we had to make sure we had the original line of scrimmage and correct down. Definitely didn’t look pretty I admit.

What were the discipline issues with Redmond? Just talking a lot? Dude seemed like a baller, but didn’t seem blazing fast or anything to me
He was lazy a lot coming out to get lined up on the line. One time costing Powell a TD because we had to call it back for him not being set at the snap. He also was constantly jawing. Also on one long TD play he was hanging back running down the AC sideline cursing at their bench the length of the field.

He was lazy a lot coming out to get lined up on the line. One time costing Powell a TD because we had to call it back for him not being set at the snap. He also was constantly jawing. Also on one long TD play he was hanging back running down the AC sideline cursing at their bench the length of the field.
Yeah sounds like a punk. I was surprised he played both ways

I thought a chop block was a personal foul. You all marked off a ten yard penalty instead of 15. From the stands it looked like a Keystone Cops night.

The best official on the field was the AA guy on the Powell sideline. At times he seemed like the only one on the field that knew what was going on. He also had to make some very critical marks of the ball at each goal line.

I thought a chop block was a personal foul. You all marked off a ten yard penalty instead of 15. From the stands it looked like a Keystone Cops night.

The best official on the field was the AA guy on the Powell sideline. At times he seemed like the only one on the field that knew what was going on. He also had to make some very critical marks of the ball at each goal line.
I don’t remember every low block call. I think there might have been two and one was “offset” with a penalty on the defense. I’m rewatching the game today. The guy you’re talking about has been doing it 40 years and he had the toughest job dealing with Lowe’s shenanigans all night.

Reactions: onevol74
What the hell is a jamboree? We don't have anything like that in Jersey or most of the North. I mean obviously it's scrimmages, but wouldn't it be showing your cards to alot of teams before the season starts?

Naw its an over glorified scrimmage but most teams come out and play a very vanilla game plan that shows much of nothing.

You see conditioning issues a lot in high school in the first 2 to 3 games, especially with linemen. Did you notice how many kids went down with cramps? I remember John Henderson being slow to get lined up like that early in the season every year in high school (also having cramping issues). As far as the other things.... that's what you tend to get with a lot of 5 stars. High school coaches aren't quick to discipline kids of that caliber. It takes a special college coach to deal with them in many cases. RG is one of those special coaches.

Reactions: LittleVol
You see conditioning issues a lot in high school in the first 2 to 3 games, especially with linemen. Did you notice how many kids went down with cramps? I remember John Henderson being slow to get lined up like that early in the season every year in high school (also having cramping issues). As far as the other things.... that's what you tend to get with a lot of 5 stars. High school coaches aren't quick to discipline kids of that caliber. It takes a special college coach to deal with them in many cases. RG is one of those special coaches.
I was referring to Redmond not Nolen. Nolen didn’t say a peep and was no issue from an effort or discipline standpoint. Redmond’s issue wasn’t cramps either. It was mostly just being nonchalant getting lined up and running his mouth.

But to your point, Powell’s coach is the last guy I would expect to hold someone accountable.

I was referring to Redmond not Nolen. Nolen didn’t say a peep and was no issue from an effort or discipline standpoint. Redmond’s issue wasn’t cramps either. It was mostly just being nonchalant getting lined up and running his mouth.

But to your point, Powell’s coach is the last guy I would expect to hold someone accountable.
Redmond sounds like a product of this generation in general. No accountability at any point in life. It's sad and frustrating as hell in many cases.

Redmond sounds like a product of this generation in general. No accountability at any point in life. It's sad and frustrating as hell in many cases.
I wouldn’t lump an entire generation like that. 98% of the kids on the field have their stuff together. The outliers are just more noticeable because of that.

VN Store

Back