'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Players that are all about the money but don’t put in the work aren’t worth it. Nobody should base their choice solely on the most money. If they do it probably isn’t going to turn out well. While there may be a few that do that I think most look at the entire picture. Can the staff develop the players, does the school have great facilities and does it have a good academic support system. Do they like the area that they will be living. I think our staff looks not only at the player but also the person. GBO!!!!
Paying players has worked out pretty well for Bama before nil. Of course they have very good coaches and Dodge dealership on campus.

Paying players has worked out pretty well for Bama before nil. Of course they have very good coaches and Dodge dealership on campus.
A lot has changed though as well. Kids have more options now. Saban once was the surest way to life changing wealth and opportunities. Bama just cannot compete on a grand scale with some of these teams offering a kid early access to life changing money. Saban is a great coach possibly the best ever and definitely the best of his generation but he’s an abrasive SOB and he doesn’t like change. I really see him retiring soon.

A lot has changed though as well. Kids have more options now. Saban once was the surest way to life changing wealth and opportunities. Bama just cannot compete on a grand scale with some of these teams offering a kid early access to life changing money. Saban is a great coach possibly the best ever and definitely the best of his generation but he’s an abrasive SOB and he doesn’t like change. I really see him retiring soon.

Well he’s 70

When it happens I think the gumps will go into a tailspin. They won’t find a coach in his league to replace him because that coach doesn’t exist and they won’t be able to keep up with NIL. Recruiting is going to suffer for them. Especially when he leaves.

VN Store

Back