'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

ok, so that's "better", but if not immediately elligible, we can't use him even as an insurance plan for JG, and we're still choosing between maurer or shrout as his back up this year.

i get going after King. but even if you get him, you're almost assuring yourself of at least 1 QB transfer in the next year or so.

to me it would just make more sense to go after another player that can help us elsewhere than to take a qb, just to take one.

so if King is out, fine. go get some more help for the current QB's......jmo.
They want 2 new QB's to develop not immediate help like grad transfers. They're building depth in the QB room. Taking King or a transfer with 2+ years of eligibility helps the depth and future at the QB spot.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Shrout and Maurer don’t instill enough confidence in the Chaney to not take a transfer should scare the absolute hell out of everyone.
If they were both great... UT should still get the best players and the most depth they can.

These guys will be 1st and 2nd year players. Having a veteran to back up JG while they continue to developed isn't a bad thing and isn't a statement on confidence.

They want 2 new QB's to develop not immediate help like grad transfers. They're building depth in the QB room. Taking King or a transfer with 2+ years of eligibility helps the depth and future at the QB spot.
that's fine, but you can maintain depth with the three we have now (cause that's not changing), the one we'll bring in next year and however many we bring in 21.

and depth will just be an issue again anyway if you get both King and Bailey becuase it's all but assured at least 1, if not 2, transfer out before the start of the 21 season.

if JG stays next year, some of those problems take care of themselves...we'd have 4 QB's on the roster for the 20 season. JG leaves after that, bring in another in 21, and you're still rolling in to the next 3 seasons with 4 qb's on the roster. if JG leaves after this season, then your depth concerns are a lot more real, a lot faster.......

jmo. i understand creating depth and compeition, and i understand that it's a known they want 2 qb's in this class. i'm just not sure it's as critical as it's being protrayed....that's all.

Back to Thomas...

Four-star lineman Omari Thomas of Briarcrest Christian School in Eads, Tenn., has been one of Tennessee's top targets in the 2020 class for more than a year, and he announced a top six less than a month ago that included the Vols. Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M and Arkansas joined Tennessee on the list of top contenders for Thomas, and he's now making plans to take his five official visits over the next several months.

He said the Vols will host him on an official visit the weekend of Oct. 5 for their home game against Georgia. Arkansas and Alabama both are in line to host him on official visits in December, and he plans to return to Texas A&M the weekend of Oct. 12 for the Aggies' game against Alabama. His fifth visit remains up for grabs between Auburn and Ole Miss, but he's currently leaning toward going to Auburn the weekend of Nov. 16 for the Tigers' game against Georgia.

Thomas isn't planning to announce a decision until the All-American Bowl in January in San Antonio, but sources close to his recruitment still believe Arkansas, Alabama and Tennessee are the three main contenders for him at the moment.

-Callahan

Shrout and Maurer don’t instill enough confidence in the Chaney to not take a transfer should scare the absolute hell out of everyone.
Don’t understand you. It would be depth and competition. Everybody gets worked up trying to read an OC and what he is and isn’t confident in. I’m scared of people lickin ice cream and boring art movies. Fall camp hasn’t started and Chaney’s barely worked with his roster...calm down rednecks!

Don’t understand you. It would be depth and competition. Everybody gets worked up trying to read an OC and what he is and isn’t confident in. I’m scared of people lickin ice cream and boring art movies. Fall camp hasn’t started and Chaney’s barely worked with his roster...calm down rednecks!
giphy.gif

Reactions: butchna
Sounds like we’re trying to get everyone in state back in after the dead period. Pruitt is doing everything he can to put a fence around the state.
i think we're doing another cook out. would imagine we're going to have several commits in town, current players and as many blue chippers as possible.........

it's a marathon, not a sprint, but we need to get a good many of these kids on campus, or back on campus, as much as possible.

i think we're doing another cook out. would imagine we're going to have several commits in town, current players and as many blue chippers as possible.........

it's a marathon, not a sprint, but we need to get a good many of these kids on campus, or back on campus, as much as possible.
Important to get some of these kids back on campus before school starts back and their lives get a lot more busy.

Reactions: gunner
It sure looks like a statement of no confidence. How is wasting scholarships a good thing? Bailey will give us four QBs. Only one way that is not enough.

Reactions: Spring Hill Jay

VN Store

Back