'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

makes me wonder, too, that if King stays in TX, do they go after another QB, or do they use that spot to take another LOS player on the OL or DL? can't ever have too many.
VQ and their chief correspondent, Swanson stress that we NEED two QB’s in this class...so the first thing you said.

Reactions: AaronUT
makes me wonder, too, that if King stays in TX, do they go after another QB, or do they use that spot to take another LOS player on the OL or DL? can't ever have too many.
VQ and their chief correspondent, Swanson stress that we NEED two QB’s in this class...so the first thing you said.

Reactions: AaronUT
yeah, i've seen that elsewhere as well, about definitley wanting/needing/taking two qb's this class. i just wonder if they can't get King, who else do they REALLY want bad enough to take that spot? they won't fill it with just a body........so if they can't get who they want, do they re think that spot?

dunno. you're right, everything we've seen so far says they want to get 2 qb's.....

Reactions: KBVol
Anyone happen to know the rough average of scholarship QBs per team in the SEC?
I know that we're thin but not sure what the standard is.

VQ guys have said that if they miss on King they will likely take a transfer QB instead of going after another HS kid. Guessing the Maryland QB transfer might be in play if King picks A&M.

Reactions: jakez4ut
VQ guys have said that if they miss on King they will likely take a transfer QB instead of going after another HS kid. Guessing the Maryland QB transfer might be in play if King picks A&M.
not sure how i feel about that...but ok.

Anyone happen to know the rough average of scholarship QBs per team in the SEC?
I know that we're thin but not sure what the standard is.
Who’s backing up Tua? Fromm? For that matter, who’s Fields backup at tOSU? Isn’t a 4 star true freshman the man at Clemson if Sunshine takes a freak bad hit? You can recruit 5 star QBs every year but if they don’t start...they don’t stay.

Who’s backing up Tua? Fromm? For that matter, who’s Fields backup at tOSU? Isn’t a 4 star true freshman the man at Clemson if Sunshine takes a freak bad hit? You can recruit 5 star QBs every year but if they don’t start...they don’t stay.
So is that like closer to 3 or 5?

He’s not a grad transfer. Just a sophomore I believe.
ok, so that's "better", but if not immediately elligible, we can't use him even as an insurance plan for JG, and we're still choosing between maurer or shrout as his back up this year.

i get going after King. but even if you get him, you're almost assuring yourself of at least 1 QB transfer in the next year or so.

to me it would just make more sense to go after another player that can help us elsewhere than to take a qb, just to take one.

so if King is out, fine. go get some more help for the current QB's......jmo.

Well that's just great. You're willing to put forth a small novel on everyone else's subjects and I get an acronym.

View attachment 212089

4-5 seems about normal plus 2 being recruited.

For some reason beyond me, Arkansas appears to have 7 already on scholarship. Seems like an odd roster management.
lol....good point.

Reactions: chargervol

VN Store

Back