'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

When we do these revisionist regret moments, I always look at the whole picture. I liked him as a prospect...especially the swag and accuracy. Some were deriding his height but we’re way past that crap these days. Maybe push harder and we could’ve been a hat but the one he picked up is reaping benefits! Would’ve been great to have him as the belle cow of our class and built around him like FSU and Taggart! That’s how you do it!
yeah, didn't he commit to FSU before Mack came calling?

i think it worked out for him the way it was going to work out. and good for him. he made the right decision, if it was FSU or UNC.

and besides, we have no idea how it works with Baily, though i'm relatively confident, there won't be many regrets when that's run it's cycle here.

for me...it's all about DL and pass rushers...with WR sprinkled in.

I guess my problem is that people seemed so sure. It keeps happening. You would think if it was truly true, we could prove it. Just bugs me. The comments I keep seeing imply something more concrete than the normal "bagman gave them money".

It’s an art down there and Bama could turn them in but won’t because Barn has a book on Bama as well. Like two super powers with nukes

We signed Maurer before Chaney

Good point. Maurer actually verbally commited in the summer but signed in December after Helton had left in November. Even though Chaney wasn't officially hired, I wonder if there were conversations about the QB signing in that class.

yeah, didn't he commit to FSU before Mack came calling?

i think it worked out for him the way it was going to work out. and good for him. he made the right decision, if it was FSU or UNC.

and besides, we have no idea how it works with Baily, though i'm relatively confident, there won't be many regrets when that's run it's cycle here.

for me...it's all about DL and pass rushers...with WR sprinkled in.
Taggart dug a hole for himself regardless, but a QB flip at the last minute is devastating and hard to come back from. While we’re giving our opinions on hits and misses from our last class maybe Helton and crew got a feel from young Sam that he just wasn’t that much into us? QB’s generally commit early and the class is built off that. Seem to remember that a centerpiece still taking visits while FSU was in such a precarious place with the quarterback position, wouldn’t have done some of our always fragile nerves a service. Bailey’s been nothing but solid for over a year and look what happens on here when a RUMOR gets started that he’s CONSIDERING taking visits! 😉

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Has no one explained to him they won’t HAVE to work anymore if he picks us?? [VIDEO=][/VIDEO]View attachment 236652

Dude, this is the SEC. Up your game.

tumblr_pfx2omhuP11v9enyp_540.gif

Reactions: Catbone
Pappoe - when he picked Auburn it was said that he had no choice. Parents decision? Now I am seeing posts on Hardy that imply it was parent decision. Or that Jay was surprised. Are or were they implying that the parents or relatives were given some benefit.

Of course they are not implying the parents were given some benefit! Hardy har har.

I guess my problem is that people seemed so sure. It keeps happening. You would think if it was truly true, we could prove it. Just bugs me. The comments I keep seeing imply something more concrete than the normal "bagman gave them money".

A Tuskegee newspaper did a killer expose' on the Barn's bagman system. That was a few years back, around the time of the Cam Newton flap. You might find it with a search engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pane di mais
I get so tired of reading and hearing this when they beat us for a recruit. Money isn’t the only reason they always edge us out. If it were we would always out bid them for the can’t miss guys
I bet it's nowhere near how tired WE get reading and hearing from you.

VN Store

Back