'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

This class is very defensive heavy and I am glad! Our defense needs serious depth. I just hope we land some pass catchers. Hyatt and Callaway are gonna be good though.

We aren’t in a bad situation at WR.

Palmer
Johnson
Keyton
Gibbs
Means
Tillman
(Hyatt)
(Calloway)

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We aren’t in a bad situation at WR.

Palmer
Johnson
Keyton
Gibbs
Means
Tillman
(Hyatt)
(Calloway)

That's true I suppose, I am just glad we are bringing in another stud QB and some Defensive help. We currently have 17 commits, and 8 of them are defensive, so I apologize, it's not defensive heavy, but I feel it will be once it's all said and done. I'm very pleased with how this class is coming together, and feel that the more momentum we gain on the field towards the end, the better off the field. We're going to close strong. Last week put people on notice if they actually watched the game.

Any chance Hardy, Baron and Thomas pop after we win this weekend?

Hitting two in-state trifectas in roughly a week would be insane!

Any chance Hardy, Baron and Thomas pop after we win this weekend?

Hitting two in-state trifectas in roughly a week would be insane!
IDK that its likely but Hardy and Thomas are supposed to visit and Baron was thought to have been committing around this time a while back. I think thats all changed at this point. I do think Thomas is the most likely to surprise us this weekend, JMO.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
IDK that its likely but Hardy and Thomas are supposed to visit and Baron was thought to have been committing around this time a while back. I think thats all changed at this point. I do think Thomas is the most likely to surprise us this weekend, JMO.
Won’t be Thomas unless he’s changed his plans to silently commit/sign early. Then make his destination known at the AA game..

Brandon from VR2 says he’s heard from people close to him that if we nail it this weekend he may jump in over the weekend
yeah, he said as much on the RTI podcast i listened to last night. he was very no committal about it, but said he did talk to some people that seemed to think that might happen.

he went on to say that....that doesn't necessarily mean he goes public....could commit to coaches, and still wait til the AA game to "commit" as previously planned.

either way, if this weekend isn't a total flame out, not hearing anything about him isn't necessarily "bad" news is all i'm getting at.

yeah, he said as much on the RTI podcast i listened to last night. he was very no committal about it, but said he did talk to some people that seemed to think that might happen.

he went on to say that....that doesn't necessarily mean he goes public....could commit to coaches, and still wait til the AA game to "commit" as previously planned.

either way, if this weekend isn't a total flame out, not hearing anything about him isn't necessarily "bad" news is all i'm getting at.
Think this is probably what happens.

Think this is probably what happens.
i think it could either way. imo, from what i've listened to and read since the whitehaven kids committed, the sense is that the memphis/west TN kids are starting to see the light........and you never know, OT may just say screw it and want to get in on the wave of momentum now....and take a "why wait" attitude.......

it's at least interesting that that's even a talking point now considering the plan for him all along has been to announce at the AA game.....

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Probably most important game as far as recruits go. Bama game got their attention
MSU was important too. this game becomes more important because we beat MSU..........we may not get the trio from memphis if we lose to MSU and sitting at 1-6 headed in to this game. this game doesn't have NEAR the feel to it w/out the MSU win....followed by a good "effort game" against Bama.

just need to keep the momentum going. somehow someway............

MSU was important too. this game becomes more important because we beat MSU..........we may not get the trio from memphis if we lose to MSU and sitting at 1-6 headed in to this game. this game doesn't have NEAR the feel to it w/out the MSU win....followed by a good "effort game" against Bama.

just need to keep the momentum going. somehow someway............
Really important for a bowl game. If we can't beat Carolina we probably wont beat Missouri either. Of course us not having Maurer makes this infinitely more difficult. Muschamp has our number and we're likely going to be pretty one dimensional on offense.

Reactions: gunner

VN Store

Back