'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

well, that's fine, but we're gonna give up a roster spot for a 1 year guy, insurance plan? meh.

We're discussing which "other" QB we'll sign with Bailey, but IMO we'll be good to just get one good one after Brian Maurer emerges this year.

2 more months from now, there are going to be some very different recruiting discussions going on. Bailey is a big recruiter for this class and him not coming here would change some things.

I honestly think Bailey doesn't end up being Vol. Scary to think about that possibility, AT THIS MOMENT...

He wants to come here to start! Immediately. And that's not going to happen if he comes here.

We're discussing which "other" QB we'll sign with Bailey, but IMO we'll be good to just get one good one after Brian Maurer emerges this year.

2 more months from now, there are going to be some very different recruiting discussions going on. Bailey is a big recruiter for this class and him not coming here would change some things.

I honestly think Bailey doesn't end up being Vol. Scary to think about that possibility, AT THIS MOMENT...

He wants to come here to start! Immediately. And that's not going to happen if he comes here.
Whoa

Reactions: AaronUT

1563635989509.gif

Sad if true. He'd be the best QB we have the second he steps in Knoxville

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

😂😂

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

Where is he going to go? GT?

That’s the only place he could go and start. Of course, he did say they were recruiting him hard.

Where is he going to go? GT?

That’s the only place he could go and start. Of course, he did say they were recruiting him hard.

He could go there. They're running a new offense.
UGA. Frohm would be a SR. And he could ease his way into the backup spot for a year.
But he isn't coming here if a true freshman from the previous year is balling out.

Harrison Bailey could go many places to start.

Wut.

UGA. Frohm would be a SR. And he could ease his way into the backup spot for a year.
But he isn't coming here if a true freshman from the previous year is balling out.

So you think Maurer is going to be a starter this year. “Noted” Bailey will be coming to UT btw and if JG has a good year this year he will be leaving for the Pros, on top of that that means two QBs who have basically no experience (Shrout and Maurer) will be the competition for Bailey.

I’m sure Bailey likes his chances.

Harrison Bailey could go many places to start.
UGA has Carson Beck and Caleb Williams is soon to commit for next year. UGA/Chaney didn’t recruit Bailey, neither did Coley, don’t see them starting now. Alabama doesn’t have a QB yet unless they think Story can do it, they are still trying for Young.

Absolutely. I’m sure that his parents hired a private QB coach for him 5 years ago but the family was completely clueless about UTs depth chart when he committed. Expecting a decommitt any day. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Known for bizarre takes and dying on strange hills, this post did not disappoint. Maybe Maliek Gray will start at RB behind him. 🤷‍♂️

It’s amazing how some threads just deteriorate in the space of a few posts. How this one devolved into Bailey going somewhere else is beyond pale.

So you think Maurer is going to be a starter this year. “Noted” Bailey will be coming to UT btw and if JG has a good year this year he will be leaving for the Pros, on top of that that means two QBs who have basically no experience (Shrout and Maurer) will be the competition for Bailey.

I’m sure Bailey likes his chances.

As of right now, EVERYONE thinks Bailey comes in and starts day one. If Maurer we're not here, then I would agree with that.

Look, the JG argument people continue to waste time about is a complete non-issue.
He'll probably start 1st 3 games before Brian unseats him.

So far I'm the only one that believes Maurer is our QB "now". The thought of Harrison Bailey not being a part of this class is depressing for most.

Not going to be the case 3 months from now.

Yes we will need 2 QBs. In this class.
One to replace Harrison Bailey
The other to replace transfer of JG.

Absolutely. I’m sure that his parents hired a private QB coach for him 5 years ago but the family was completely clueless about UTs depth chart when he committed. Expecting a decommitt any day. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Ive discussed this before.

Had Brian Maurer and Harrison Bailey came in the SAME class. I'd put my money on Harrison Bailey as well.

But instead..., Brian Maurer is going to have an entire college football season and bowl game victory in his pocket as a starting QB.
Yeah...I think he decommits in November, and then has a great college career somewhere else l.

I think he's going to have a similar effect as Josh Dobbs.

As of right now, EVERYONE thinks Bailey comes in and starts day one. If Maurer we're not here, then I would agree with that.

Look, the JG argument people continue to waste time about is a complete non-issue.
He'll probably start 1st 3 games before Brian unseats him.

So far I'm the only one that believes Maurer is our QB "now". The thought of Harrison Bailey not being a part of this class is depressing for most.

Not going to be the case 3 months from now.

Yes we will need 2 QBs. In this class.
One to replace Harrison Bailey
The other to replace transfer of JG.
😂😂

Apologies.

This is the Thomas thread.

I'll no further sidetrack this thread gents and ladies.

VN Store

Back