'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

where are we with this kid? the Hardy kid?

granted its March, so far, it appears it looks like once again we're getting it handed to us in our own state. its time to change that.
No we aren't. It's just Brynn Tucker. Vols are in a good spot with Hardy, Thomas, Marcus Henderson, Cooper Mays, Tyler Baron, Tee Hodge, and several others.

granted its March, so far, it appears it looks like once again we're getting it handed to us in our own state. its time to change that.
giphy.gif

TN is not that good of a state for instate talent. Get over it. Who cares if we get TN kids? Get the best you can regardless of where they are from.

TN is not that good of a state for instate talent. Get over it. Who cares if we get TN kids? Get the best you can regardless of where they are from.
He's a bit too much into the in_state talent acquisition stuff, but it DOES matter.

Vol Fans love to come and cheer Tennessee boys born and bred. And often times, Tennessee sleepers become some of our better players!

But by now, we all should understand... Georgia is our primary grounds.

He's a bit too much into the in_state talent acquisition stuff, but it DOES matter.

Vol Fans love to come and cheer Tennessee boys born and bred. And often times, Tennessee sleepers become some of our better players!

Meh. I think most TN fans love winning more than anything. I mean do you think most fans wouldnt show up if our team was made up of all Georgia and Alabama kids? I dont. Like I said, get the best players from wherever.

Vol fans want to win. They would cheer caravan immigrants with smallpox if it means beating our rivals.

The four-star Class of 2020 lineman from Briarcrest Christian School in Eads, Tenn., said he “most definitely” plans to return to Tennessee before the end of spring practice, and he’s also hoping to visit Alabama sometime in the coming weeks.

The 6-foot-5, 295-pound Thomas traveled to Arkansas on March 9 to attend the Razorbacks’ junior day, and while he doesn’t have any trips scheduled at the moment, he said he’s “going to be getting up to UT soon with my folks” to take another look at the home-state Vols.

“Arkansas is the only visit I went on this year so far. I was just focusing on basketball, trying to win state,” said Thomas, who’s ranked the No. 76 overall prospect and No. 5 defensive tackle in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class.

Man I feel like if we can get 2 of these Memphis OL (I know Thomas's offer is for D but I feel like he'd end up switching), I really think we could win the East by 2021 or so. It all starts up front. Really want this guy.

Big Omari Thomas hasn’t been to Tennessee since last October but the 4-star lineman plans on returning to Knoxville in June. The Briarcrest Christian product knows he’s a wanted man by Pruitt. Ansley, who hit Memphis hard last week, stopped by to see him and reiterated that message. He’s looking for a place with a “family feel” and hears from Jeremy Banks and Eric Gray about UT. It’s not a secret that Thomas wants to play d-tackle in college, but his coach believes he could be a Day 1 NFL Draft pick as an offensive tackle. Thomas will visit Texas A&M this coming weekend, along with his teammate and best friend Jabari Small.

-VQ

VN Store

Back