'19 TN DT Kristian Williams (Oregon —> in the portal)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_5245161.JPG

Kristian Williams

Southwind High School - Memphis, TN

Jersey #: 75
Positions: DT, T
Height & Weight: 6'3" 280lbs
Class of: 2019

Kristian Williams, 2019 Defensive tackle - Rivals.com

Kristian Williams, Southwind, Defensive Tackle

[hudl]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7913746/58ee2eedff0c6d3c9044b68d[/hudl]

Vols offered per Austin Price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people
Wonder is he is related to Jonathan Williams III who plays at Gonzaga and played at Southwind.

That's VFL LaRon Harris with Cam Jones, Jordan Davis and Kristian Williams heading up to Knoxville yesterday...

[twitter]https://twitter.com/Yella_Boy/status/875759945643433984[/twitter]

Reactions: 2 people
In April, Tennessee was the first program to offer a scholarship to 2019 in-state defensive tackle Kristian Williams, and the Vols continue to impress the Southwind prospect with each visit. The Memphis native has tripped to Tennessee twice this spring, attending the Orange & White Game in late April and then ‘Orange Carpet Day’ last Saturday. On both visits, Williams spent two days in Knoxville, getting a good feel for the campus and city.

“Overall, the visit just went great,” Williams told VolQuest. “The coaching staff showed nothing but love. Just positive vibes only.” Williams’ favorite part of the OCD festivities? “The putt-putt challenge and home run derby because I don’t really ever get to play those sports," he said.

Williams, a 6-foot-3, 280-pound unranked defensive tackle, also holds early scholarships from Ole Miss and Indiana, but the rising junior said he really feels like a priority for the in-state Vols. “I felt as if I was one of the upcoming top prospects and I felt important to them,” he said.

While Williams toured the campus on his first visit to Knoxville, he spent the majority of last weekend hanging with his fellow Memphis friends Cam Jones, Jerome Carvin and Southwind teammate Jordan Davis — all top 2018 targets for Tennessee. “It was fun really being with those guys,” he said. “It was a nice time catching up with your friends because I don’t really get to see them all that much. It was just fun.”

Williams also spent time around Tennessee’s d-line coach Brady Hoke, saying, “He felt like a cool person. Someone that you can be around for your whole college career. He seems like a person who can make you better as a person mentally, socially and physically.” Hoke likes Williams’ power and quick hands, per the defensive lineman. Williams said he's no rush to make a college decision and hopes to visit Tennessee again in the fall.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Man, I love the way UT is going after kids from Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Louisiana, Alabama and California. Reminds me of our recruiting in the glory days. Fulmer has to see a lot of himself in Pruitt

Reactions: BornAVol1963
Man, I love the way UT is going after kids from Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Louisiana, Alabama and California. Reminds me of our recruiting in the glory days. Fulmer has to see a lot of himself in Pruitt

But this kid is from Memphis

Reactions: 1 person
But this kid is from Memphis

Haha, I saw Texas somewhere, must have been one of the recruits around Williams on the RF table of contents, so to speak. Well, Fulmer did have Lott, Wilson and another kid I can't remember right now, on the '98 team, probably more than that

Apparently this guy has looked good in the camp circuit. 247 bumped him to a 4* 91.

Haha, I saw Texas somewhere, must have been one of the recruits around Williams on the RF table of contents, so to speak. Well, Fulmer did have Lott, Wilson and another kid I can't remember right now, on the '98 team, probably more than that

Kevin Taylor

Reactions: 1 person
"I picked up a bunch of interest," Williams said. "A lot of college coaches came by to watch me this spring. I'm at nine offers right now and I think more are coming. I get lots of messages from coaches. They want me to come up to camp."

Memphis, Minnesota, Indiana, LSU, Tennessee, Ole Miss, UCF, Missouri and Louisville have all offered Williams. He was offered by Tennessee's previous staff but recently re-offered by Jeremy Pruitt. He was in Knoxville three times last year, so he is very aware with all that Tennessee has to offer. That hasn't stopped the new staff from pushing to get him back to Rocky Top.

"I talk to coach (David) Johnson and he wants to get me up there," Williams said. "They want to get me up there so they can see me. I hope to get up there to camp next month."

"The new coaching staff is going to come in and make an impact and turn it to the way it used to be," Williams said.

"The facilities are outstanding and the fan base is all in with supporting Tennessee as a person and a program. The coaches don't just tell you about the athletics, but also the academics and how it's going to benefit you 40 years from now."

"My number one thing that Tracy Rocker has told me is my character," Williams said. "He likes that I have a quick twitch and how my hands are and how quick I am off the ball. He says versatile guy that can play all over the line.

"Lately I've been talking him more and more. He keeps it real with me at all times. He doesn't sugarcoat anything. He's determined and I like that."

He's also bought in with the weight program and has seen steady growth. He's changed his body from being a touch out of shape to quite the specimen.

"Technically I'm not that much bigger," Williams said. "It looks like I got bigger, but in reality I lost the fat and turned it into muscle. I'm about 278 right now so I think that's a good weight for me."

So where do things go from here for Williams? He's going to take some trips this summer and will take official visits this fall in hopes of an end of the year decision.

"I'd like to sign in December so sometime before then," Williams said. "I want to find a place that doesn't just think about only football. How I'm going to grow as a man both physically, mentally and socially. Just somewhere I can come in and make an impact."

-VQ

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back