'19 TN DT Kristian Williams (Oregon —> in the portal)

I actually didn't realize we had that many, went and looked and if they all pan out I think we will have taken a huge step in the right direction plus if we land Wright it will be icing on the cake. Also didn't realize we had as many Dlineman as we have. I guess I need to pay more attention and work on my memory.... Sorry
i think we've addressed the OL just fine in this class.
People forget we have 4 OL committed and will more than likely have 5 by NSD

Reactions: KBVol
KW appears to have big upside potential. I'll go with the coaches' decisions, but do like this player for our team.

Reactions: T Dog
Whatever happened to this guy? His recruitment has fallen off the map and I see he just got a CB to Indiana. Haven't heard anything about him after supposedly having a really good summer on the camp circuit. No SEC schools pursuing?

Whatever happened to this guy? His recruitment has fallen off the map and I see he just got a CB to Indiana. Haven't heard anything about him after supposedly having a really good summer on the camp circuit. No SEC schools pursuing?

Curious to if there are grade issues. He has always said his recruitment will go the distance and he isn't the typical recruit to go the distance with his list.

Reactions: Montrell Hardy
Tracy Rocker visited Williams last week per 247.

His stock has fluctuated throughout the year. Our director of scouting, Barton Simmons, was pretty high on him after seeing him at a camp back in the spring, and that's one of the reasons he's still in our Top247. Tennessee seemed to be pretty heavily involved with him at one point, but the Vols seemed to cool on him in recent months. We'll see if they make much of a push for him down the stretch. He's at least another name to watch, but if Williams signs during the early signing period, that could complicate things a bit.

If he waited to sign in February, he'd be a great name for Tennessee to make a move on down the stretch if the Vols weren't able to land some of their top defensive-line targets who are signing this month.

-Callahan

Meanwhile, staffers checked on several 2020s at Whitehaven and Briarcrest, with a pit stop at Southwind to see Kristian Williams. The 2019 DT hopes to visit Tennessee officially but nothing has been set up to date.
-VQ

Reactions: SugarCC
When everyone else blows you off and you have to reach for needs.
tenor.gif

You know its true. We've gone after countless defensive lineman. Norton, Eboigbe, Figueroa, Logue, the other JUCO DE who went to school with Emmitt, Anderson, Hall, etc etc etc. I feel like I'm forgetting names. They all passed.

We're now circling back to this guy who has a slaw offer list.

Reactions: Bobo0101
You know its true. We've gone after countless defensive lineman. Norton, Eboigbe, Figueroa, Logue, the other JUCO DE who went to school with Emmitt, Anderson, Hall, etc etc etc. I feel like I'm forgetting names. They all passed.

We're now circling back to this guy who has a slaw offer list.
I don’t know where he is on our list. But he’s a top 247 player on 247sports. Maybe he sucks, idk, or maybe our staff can get the absolute best out of him. If he’s the backup plan I’m okay with that. But Williams is a DT and has nothing to do with those DE’s you mentioned above. Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of options out there at that position

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I don’t know where he is on our list. But he’s a top 247 player on 247sports. Maybe he sucks, idk, or maybe our staff can get the absolute best out of him. If he’s the backup plan I’m okay with that. But Williams is a DT and has nothing to do with those DE’s you mentioned above. Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of options out there at that position

If he’s only 280 like his profile states, I’d be willing to bet they see him as a DE.

Reactions: Bobo0101

VN Store

Back