'19 TN DT Kristian Williams (Oregon —> in the portal)

From Rivals:

Back on August 4th, Southwind (Tenn.) defensive tackle Kristian Williams released his Top 6 schools that included the likes of Memphis, LSU, Indiana, Tennessee, Minnesota, and Missouri.

In terms of what's next for the three-star prospect, he's got three visits in mind. "Tennessee, LSU, and Indiana - those are the ones that I plan on visiting soon," Williams noted. "As for the ones showing the most love, all six are showing that really."

Missouri being in the mix revolves around Williams' position coach at Southwind and his longtime relationship with Tigers defensive line coach Brick Haley. "Him (Haley) and my defensive line coach, Coach (Earl) Lester, they are close friends. Brick Haley coached Coach Lester and that's how I got to know him from hanging around Coach Lester. He's been around at times and I've got to meet him during Memphis camps and mega camps."

On what Coach Haley likes about his skills and abilities.
"He likes how fast my takeoff is, my technique, and how relentless and aggressive I am to the ball."
Williams doesn't have a commitment time frame at the moment.

Reactions: T Dog
Are we set at DT, or do we take this guy if he wants in? I thought we were set at DT.

I visited with Williams a few minutes ago. He's kind of putting recruiting on hold or slowing it down right now due to his season.

He still has the Vols in his top 4 with Missouri, Indiana, Memphis. Said LSU was trying to get him down for a game as well.
— Hubbs

Simonton suggested he’s down the board.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
“The four schools that I have been focusing on the most is Missouri, Memphis, Indiana and Tennessee,” Williams said.

The 6-4, 280 defensive lineman plans on taking his official visits late in the year, but still plans to sign at the December signing date.

“Tennessee, Missouri, and Indiana are the three official visits we are setting up,” Williams said. “Nothing is set up, but I will probably visit Indiana the first week of December.

“I am going to end up signing in December. I'm going to try and get all the visit in, but that's going to base it off of when my parents my free to go with me and we can spend the most time with coaches.”

Tennessee is on the road recruiting this week, but Vol assistant coach David Johnson was by Whitehaven High School back in September to check on the prospect who got everyone's attention on the camp circuit this summer.

One of those schools in Tennessee. The 6-3, 280 pound has impressed the Vols staff on and off the field.

“The best thing they told me that they like is my character. Coach Rocker told me he likes who I am. I really like coach Rocker. He is a lot like my defensive line coach. They will tear you up if you need it but they love you. On the field, coach Rocker likes my get off and the way I run to the ball. He likes that I can play multiple spots on the defensive line.”

To this point, Williams hasn't taken any unofficial visits this fall but hopes to change that in the next few weeks.

I am probably take an unofficial visit to LSU to see a game. They have been calling asking me to come see them,” Williams said. “I'm also trying to get to Indiana for an unofficial visit.”

Williams has been to Knoxville for the last couple of Orange and White spring games, but hasn't made it for a regular season game.
- Hubbs

VN Store

Back