'19 TN DT Elijah Simmons (Tennessee signee)

This may or may not have been discussed, but saw Callahan mention that ES won't sign in December, and I don't believe he's visited officially. Really doesn't seem like any other team has been involved either. Could be trending towards a blueshirt?

Reactions: Ron Swanson
You’re higher than the dude who sold you pot. 😎
Word in heaven is that the Vols will sign 27 this year therefore at least 5 blue shirts will be needed to do that.Watch for commits that do not officially visit to be blue shirt possumbilities.

This may or may not have been discussed, but saw Callahan mention that ES won't sign in December, and I don't believe he's visited officially. Really doesn't seem like any other team has been involved either. Could be trending towards a blueshirt?

That’s my thought.

Word in heaven is that the Vols will sign 27 this year therefore at least 5 blue shirts will be needed to do that.Watch for commits that do not officially visit to be blue shirt possumbilities.
I’ll let them work all that rigamarole out...just sayin that this kid ain’t being dropped.

Can anybody bring up his commit video. Hardest one I done seen. Dudes a dog, fixen to eat.

Mizzou has basically owned us for 7 years with guys like this. You can win at a reasonable level and bring stability to the program with these kinds of players for sure.
And win what? They have beat us with guys like that while we have sucked and they haven't won squat even with a 1st round draft pick QBs for the last 4 years. And before that had mock who had all the talent just didn't have dedication.

And win what? They have beat us with guys like that while we have sucked and they haven't won squat even with a 1st round draft pick QBs for the last 4 years. And before that had mock who had all the talent just didn't have dedication.

Win football games. We haven’t been doing much of that these last few years. Gotta walk before you run!

Win football games. We haven’t been doing much of that these last few years. Gotta walk before you run!
But that's my point now is the time to get the higher rated players than with time it continues instead of getting lower rated players and become mediocre. At 3-4 years of mediocre do you truly believe recruits would be 'running' at this program? No they would be scared away of a stalling program with they same head coach. Sometimes change is good and now is the time to capitalize.

Reactions: jason3713
But that's my point now is the time to get the higher rated players than with time it continues instead of getting lower rated players and become mediocre. At 3-4 years of mediocre do you truly believe recruits would be 'running' at this program? No they would be scared away of a stalling program with they same head coach. Sometimes change is good and now is the time to capitalize.

We have a roster full of guys that are higher rated and have better offer lists who aren’t any good

Reactions: vol2002 and Catbone

Staff seems to be going after a ton of higher rates guys, but our staff is also only guaranteed 3 years before we get riled up and throw them in the Tennessee river. These recruits are looking for places to spend the next 4 or 5 years. So, in the face of that volatility my guess is we don’t land as many of those elite recruits as we would like. Thus, Pruitt needs to get second tier recruits like this guy and win with them to stave off the restless natives at home and show recruits he’s going to be here a while.

I could be wrong but this is my take on where we are as a program. If you don’t like it then I don’t know how to help you, other than to hope I am wrong. My take is that Tennessee has been this way for a while and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon until we have coaching stability.

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
Staff seems to be going after a ton of higher rates guys, but our staff is also only guaranteed 3 years before we get riled up and throw them in the Tennessee river. These recruits are looking for places to spend the next 4 or 5 years. So, in the face of that volatility my guess is we don’t land as many of those elite recruits as we would like. Thus, Pruitt needs to get second tier recruits like this guy and win with them to stave off the restless natives at home and show recruits he’s going to be here a while.

I could be wrong but this is my take on where we are as a program. If you don’t like it then I don’t know how to help you, other than to hope I am wrong. My take is that Tennessee has been this way for a while and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon until we have coaching stability.

We have a new AD that knows a thing or two about football. I believe if Pruitt is showing progress that a football coach can see, even if the fans can't, he'll be fine.

VN Store

Back