'19 TN DT Elijah Simmons (Tennessee signee)

I've loved this kid from the start. Seems to have a great first step with power. We're going to have to give him a little leeway though. S&C will be his main focus. The kid needs a lot of conditioning. He has a chance to be a favorite for sure but lots of conditioning will be his battle.

Good thing Pruitt and crew had him camp and assessed every aspect of his game. Also, when a kid who weighs 350 can jump and touch a basketball rim, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Also, being shorter in stature is not bad at the NT position for Pruitts defense because he is a hole filler. As wide as he is and with a strong base all he needs to be able to do is fill up space and not get pushed around. He is a bull rusher and being shorter gives him that much more power. Plus he has long arms.
Let's just hope he has better endurance than McKenzie. I remember the same kind of stuff being said about Khalil, but you've got to be able to play more than two plays before you have to take a breather.

Let's just hope he has better endurance than McKenzie. I remember the same kind of stuff being said about Khalil, but you've got to be able to play more than two plays before you have to take a breather.
Well at least he played his senior year so he's got that on McKenzie.

I never saw McKenzie dunk a basketball.

Think he plays right away? I wonder if he’s in the rotation this fall or if they plan to redshirt. He’s already big enough, just needs to get conditioning down and the mental stuff

Reactions: awaitingawin
🤔

Tracy Rocker talked about this at the signing day celebration...
Thanks for sharing Bass...I imagine i play this over and over several times. The kid seems to have it all. Love, respect. Terrific to have a kid like this on the team. Will be loved in the locker room I am sure. Hopefully we can get to hear some more of that singing also. That made my day brother

VN Store

Back